Pixlite configuration with xlights

msherratt

New elf
Ok this is not the easiest to describe but here goes:

I have a pixlite 16 and connected to it is 9 spiral trees. Each tree I made up of 30/10 led strip that is about 3.3m long (ie 39 pixels/117channels). Each spiral tree is connected to its own universe.

So in xlights I setup initially with the e1.31 controller with 16 universes each with 512 channels. I set the spiral trees each starting at the corresponding channel for the beginning of its own universe ie channel 1 for tree 1, 513 for tree 2 and so on.

So when I turn all the trees on in xlights test or sequencer I get the first tree lit up then the next two trees are off, the lights on tree 4 are on from about half way up as is the bottom half of tree 5 then another couple of trees blank.

At first looks it appears that xlights is spreading the 512 channels across the trees instead of starting the next tree at its corresponding channel.

I have a sneaky feeling it has something to do with the configuration of the pixlite or how I set it up in xlights. (If I do the test in the advatek assistant it works fine.)

Kitman

Full time elf
Generally speaking you need to set up your channels as 510 for RGB lights and not 512. The controller should be configured for 510 channels and not 512 so this will be causing an issue.

Try changing to 510 channels per universe. Having each tree on it's own universe won't be an issue as long as you stick with the 510 channels across both xlights and your controller.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
hi
make sure you go into the advanced tab in the pixlite and set up each output for each universe. see if that fixes your woes ( and don't forget about the 510 thing..
Cheers
Fing

cdjazman

Full time elf
I have the Long Range 16 setup so I am not sure if the settings and software are exactly the same.

I have 5 mini trees with 3 into output 5 and 2 into output 6

See attached how I have got them configured in Advatek Assistant and xlights.

Attachments

• minitrees.jpg
    minitrees.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 91

msherratt

New elf
cdjazman said:
I have the Long Range 16 setup so I am not sure if the settings and software are exactly the same.

Awesome. Thanks for you help. I will take your info and try and adapt it to my situation.

msherratt

New elf
cdjazman said:

Thanks. I found that using your suggestion of the advanced configuration in the assistant I resolved my issue.

cdjazman

Full time elf
msherratt said:
cdjazman said:

Thanks. I found that using your suggestion of the advanced configuration in the assistant I resolved my issue.
That's awesome. Glad to hear it worked.