1) Tutorial this week for newbies. 2) New release xlights/nc version 3.3.0

smeighan

Dedicated elf
First; Tutorial this week is for brand new people! I will start from the very beginning for xlight/nutcracker newbies
When: Thursday, Jan 9th. 7pm MST, 9pm EST

We will be using teamviewer. Ill start session at 6:45pm MST

Please join the meeting, by clicking on this link:
http://go.teamviewer.com/v8/m93271823

Meeting ID: m93-271-823

If you have a headphone click on the "Voice over IP" on the Teamviewer menu and unmute your headphone to be able to ask questions.

After my teamviewer fills up (We can have 25 viewers) we are setting up a second teamviewer for the overflow.
Dave Pitts will be hosting this second teamview.

If you cannot get into the first teamviewer then join this second session
http://go.teamviewer.com/v8/m30917736

Meeting ID: m30-917-736

Second; Release 3.3.0
This is the release where we upgrade from the wxwidgets 2.9.5 library to wxwidgets 3.0.0. What does this mean? It means you may notice effects playing about a little faster, it gives us some abilities we didn't have before. Mostly, it is the plumbing and you wont notice anything.

This release has many changes from Don Julien. Thanks Don for keeping the flame alive!
some new meteor effects.
some new movements on text

try meteor with icicle with overlay clicked (checkbox below fit to time) with palette checked

3.3.0 -Enhancement (djulien): vixen 2.x routine as picture
-Enhancement (djulien): add checkbox to Effects panel to inhibit canvas clear before effect (for layers across models)
-Enhancement (djulien): allow cancelled schedule to re-run that same day
-Enhancement (djulien): show serial outbuf overflow amount
-Enhancement (djulien): add a couple of icicle options to Meteors
-Enhancement (djulien): add wavey left-to-right up/down option for text
-Enhancement (djulien): added additional format options for date count-down
-Enhancement (djulien): pass controller responses to plug-in (in-coming or round-trip data); internal change only - should not affect standard usage, but listed here just in case
-Enhancement (djulien): add /noauto command line option to prompt for auto-run (allows easier schedule override)
-Bug fix/enhancement? (djulien): show channel# being tested during Chase test
-Bug fix/enhancement? (djulien): continue execution after comm output overflow in case controller can catch up

thanks
sean
matt brown
frankr
djulien
dpitts
dan kulp (Mac version guy)

toozie21

New elf
Will the tutorial be recorded for future viewing (I am not going to be able to make it)?

smeighan

Dedicated elf
toozie21 said:
Will the tutorial be recorded for future viewing (I am not going to be able to make it)?

yes, i always record them.

if you search for smeighan on vimeo.com you will find 66 recordings i have made in the past

thanks
sean meighan

toozie21

New elf
OK, thanks Sean. I am still getting the lay of the land (which is why I was so interested in it). I will be sure to check it out!

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Thank you! As a newbie I appreciate you creating a tutorial starting from square one. Sometimes it feels like I've jumped into the middle of a novel without having any of the character background. Not complaining mind you, I just don't have the experience others have so I spend more time piecing things together because I don't know all the assumptions. Thanks again, m

scuba

New elf
Thanks Sean and the supporting crew!!....Frank: once again thanks for supporting the LSP community with your talents.