10 pixels out of place?

Tandems8

New elf
Hi all, so I put up my boscoyo 24 inch 3 ring star and my 800 pixel megatree. The star uses only 90 pixels of the 100 on the string but I put it in the pixel output as 100 and just zip tied the other 10 pixels to the back of the star. The tree is 800 pixels and divided into 2 ports, the star is on its own port. My pixel output looks like port 1 100 pixels, port 2 400 pixels, port 3 400 pixels. For some reason that I can't figure, the last 10 pixels of my 800 pixel tree is displaying the same colors as my star and not what the tree is displaying....help?

i13

Dedicated elf
Can you please post some more information that would help diagnose this? Going by your previous forum post, you're using xLights and there's a Falcon (which model?) in your display. It would help to see some screenshots of the sequencer and controller configuration in order to diagnose this.

Tandems8

New elf
Ok yes, I am running a falcon f16v4 with a Raspberry pi 4 and falcon player with xlights. Here are some screen shots...like I said, the 10 pixels that are malfunctioning are 790 - 800 in the tree. they seem to be reflecting what the star is doing instead of what the tree is doing and sometimes they dont light up at all and there is just a blank spot on the tree. The pixel count on the star shouldnt be affecting the tree since they are on different ports, correct? So changing it to 90 from 100 shouldnt make a difference.

Attachments

• channel outputs.jpg
    channel outputs.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 15
  • controller status.jpg
    controller status.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 16
  • pixel output.jpg
    pixel output.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 14
  • xlights controller settings.jpg
    xlights controller settings.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 15

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Need a screenshot of the xLights Layout TAB as well so we can double check the channels.
You also have the 2nd 400 pixels running at 40% whereas the other strings are at 30%, shouldn't make much of a difference but have you measured the voltage at the end of both 400x strings?

Tandems8

New elf
Fixed the percentage. Here is the screenshot requested. No, I have not checked the voltage yet. Originally, I had all 800 tree pixels hooked into one port. I noticed those 10 pixels and split the tree into 2 ports and it still did the same thing so I didn't think it was the power. I can check that when I get home.

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
2 Ways to fix this.
1. Change Port 1 Pixel count to 90, change Port 2 start channel to 271 and Port 3 start channel to 1471
2. In xLights change the start channel of your tree to 301, and re-render all of your sequences. If you use an FPP Player re-upload in FPP Connect.

Hope that helps you out, and good luck for the season. Merry Christmas!

Tandems8

New elf
2 Ways to fix this.
1. Change Port 1 Pixel count to 90, change Port 2 start channel to 271 and Port 3 start channel to 1471
2. In xLights change the start channel of your tree to 301, and re-render all of your sequences. If you use an FPP Player re-upload in FPP Connect.

Hope that helps you out, and good luck for the season. Merry Christmas!
Lol well that exactly moved those 10 goofy pixels to the first string instead of the last string. I was supposed to do both 1 and 2 correct?

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Ahh which one did you do? Hang on! With the way it was before I think the Front Door channels were overlapping.
Go back to the setup you had before on the Falcon Port Configuration Screenshot you shared earlier but now change the Front Door Start Channel to be 2701

Tandems8

New elf
BAZMick, YOU ROCK! I DID both but you opened the door on my thinking about the front door channels overlapping. I went back and made the controller channels AND the layout channels in xlights match with overlap corrections and the tree is totally fixed. I guess in learning things I missed that point. I re-rendered and uploaded and its perfect. Another lesson learned. Thank You!

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.