12 Days of Christmas Full Video finally done

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Well I finally got around to doing a video of the 12 Days of Christmas sequence, looks like my old camera couldnt handle the bright light so i had to turn the exposure down a bit so it would actually show colour as it was too bright and a lot of the colours were showing up as white.
Still the video will give you an idea of whats possible with RGB lighting and even more should be possible with improved software in 2011.

12 Days of Christmas

TimW

Full time elf
Eddy - that's ended up looking fantastic! Great job.

Have you got any spare roof space to add anything in 2011!!?

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Eddy,

That really does show what is possible from a whole house perspective, nice work with the roof and the matrix works really well.

can you come and do my roof please.

Phil

kel

Dedicated elf
Very nice!
2.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
TimW said:
Have you got any spare roof space to add anything in 2011!!?

Next year I will be able to fill the lawn up with either RGB mini trees or coro stars or both

Pyrotech

New elf
Nice to see the English flag flying there Eddy, now I know your going to say its a present, but I know.

doing the whole house, waste of time. When I asked her in doors what she thought of it all, Oh I don't know, I was watching the little box thingy!!!!!

I liked it, now do a quick resequence for after Christmas and you'll be ready for Tron mania when it hits.

I suppose the question is, did you achieve what you wanted, expected?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Pyrotech said:
I suppose the question is, did you achieve what you wanted, expected?

What i wanted to do this year is to use some of the newer RGB lighting technologies instead of using traditional Christmas lighting. I wanted to get maximum effect of colour and brightness so to over whelm the senses so both kids and adults alike will enjoy it. I wanted to push some new boundaries and I wanted to make the best use of my house as its a great canvass to use.

Did i achieve what i set out to do.

Yes plus more, the colour and brightness is outstanding, I'm now getting 200 to 300 cars a night and most of that is word of mouth because its a new experience to the audiences senses. The smiles I see on both kids and adults is very rewarding and even with running only the 1 song is good enough because the majority of people have never seen lighting done to music on a house using RGB technology.

The other great thing about the display is that it is now very configurable as i can now make changes by just using the software to create a whole new feel to the display, i really haven't even touched the surface this year when it comes to what effects i can do with the house, that's for next year.