1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

12 string sign help

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by Salvatore Anello, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Salvatore Anello

Salvatore Anello New Elf

I just set up my first 12 RGB 150 pixels per string "sign" and before I spend more money on software I have a few questions.
    1) Why does wowlights.com have the 24 CCR Superstar lights package $100.00 cheaper then LOR?
    2) Since I can't see the export function until I purchase it, can I seamlessly copy a 12 string Cosmic color sequence into an 12 string DMX sequence once it is in the editor if I want to.
    3) Is anyone willing to post a sequence saying hello world or whatever so I can see how it looks in the sequencer so I can decide if I want to do it without the Superstar package?

2. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    Hi and welcome to ACL Salvatore
    You'll need to point to the 2 links with the prices as I for 1 and unsure which packages you are referring to.
    You can't do the export seamlessly. You can probably do it fairly painlessly with a copy and paste into a new sequence though.
    You can probably do a "Hello" in a matter of minutes using Xlights/Nutcracker which is free and drop it back into LOR. Xlights and the Nutcracker effects it uses are a very popular alternative to Superstar andt is used by LOR and also LSP users as it is so quick and powerful.

3. OP
    OP
    Salvatore Anello

Salvatore Anello New Elf

Looking into Nutcracker and Vixen now. Thanks.

4. caffeine

caffeine Full Time Elf

I did the same thing this year for a 14X50 RGB pixel tree.

I presume that your strings are 50 pixel, 150 LED?

Happy to export a sequence for you... and as for the export I believe you can set it up natively but I just set them as CCR's and then copied the output string sequence across. For the 2 minutes it took per sequence I couldn't be bothered muching around.

5. caffeine

caffeine Full Time Elf

Just a really quick untested play. I'll left it in standard CCR export mode so you can see what I mean, from memory if you have your LOR set up to 50 RGB 'groups' I just copied and pasted each string from top to bottom, you may be able to do it all at once but I have a recollection there was some weirdness there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34e7p749st2ns9h/acl.las