12mm Pixel Megatree Mounting strips

Karob

Let there be Light!
I was a lucky person who received the strips with Adski.

I had my pixel node tree for 2 years with the strings being the only tension and the nodes would hang in all directions.

With the strips, I placed a node every 4th hole and the difference was notable by so many people it was well worthi it.

I find LED strip quite bright and in your face, and as my tree is close to the fence and at eye level a Strip tree was never gonna be an option.

I have had my tree up in strong winds, hot sun and with out any problems. So from someone who has had James product in the harsh Aussie weather it is a great option.

James70818

New elf
lizardking(adam) said:
hi James how many can you get in the 20 lbs weight limit please we will see if we can get some more orders
i would rather maximize the freight to reduce the shipping cost per piece and can we get a mixed order of black and white thanks
Adam

Adam, I am charging $350 per box shipped. I can get 220 for sure in the box but I will cram as many as we can to hit the 20lb max. and the price stays the same. Yes, it can be a mix of white and black strips.

James

James70818

New elf
Karob said:
I was a lucky person who received the strips with Adski.

I had my pixel node tree for 2 years with the strings being the only tension and the nodes would hang in all directions.

With the strips, I placed a node every 4th hole and the difference was notable by so many people it was well worthi it.

I find LED strip quite bright and in your face, and as my tree is close to the fence and at eye level a Strip tree was never gonna be an option.

I have had my tree up in strong winds, hot sun and with out any problems. So from someone who has had James product in the harsh Aussie weather it is a great option.

That is awesome to hear! Glad you like the strips.
James

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
thanks James ok guys when do we want to start this order and can we look at numbers i dont know if there will be enough to make it a state by state order but if all can comment either in a new thread or here to get an order going i am not sure how to getr this started

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
Any Queensland guys want these strips to save on freight after they arrive we could distribute them at the mini mini i am happy to organize them and take them to steves
i am going to order 50 to start with so need to sell 170 more to fill an order

James70818

New elf
Updated the original design to incorporate a universal securing method. You can now splice the strips in any length. This feature will be on both the White strips and the Black strips. If you would like the original strips, PM me and I will make sure you get that version.

B69F1E8E-BAA6-4288-B549-894650FF67C8_zpsnx9tf0ee.jpg

90DC9F89-DB38-42A8-966E-A4BD63225C20_zpsbwfebnvy.jpg

andrewa

Full time elf
please put me down for 1 box of the black (in the updated design)

I probably only need 140 so willing to split the extra with someone else in victoria

Andrew
Frankston Victoria

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
I would take half a box of black to New Zealand if someone could forward them or I would suffer the extra cost per unit for shipping less direct. I know davras was interested last year. I have PM'd him.

firebug

Senior elf
If someone around Sydney/Newcastle area is looking to split and order I'm after 50 strips in black in the updated design.

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
So lizardking and I have arranged to split a box and there is potentially 80-100 available for someone else to join in if they would like. I'm even happy to organise a couple of boxes and redistribute out here if that makes like easy for everyone? Please PM me if interested.
Thanks
Hamish

gerry

Senior elf
hello AndreaA,

I would like to take some from your extra component. I may be missing something , but if I (plan to) have a mega tree of 32 strands of 2.4 metres - would that translate to 32 + spares of this item ?

In which case I would like 50 - I assume that there would be that many left over from your lot ?

Regards

jcarlton

New elf
I'm in Huntingdale, Melbourne and would like to put myself down for 50 in black.
If this works out well for anyone else in Melbourne (AndrewA, pipersmall, gerry?) please let me know.

My plans:
32 strands x 42 pixels @ 3 inch (7.6cm) spacing = 3.15m sides (~3m ceter height)
Each strand would require 1.5 lengths of mounting strip = 48 strips + a couple spare.

gerry, reading the other forum it appears that each strip has only 95 (not 96) holes.
I believe this still allows 32 pixels @ 3" spacing (1st hole, then every 3rd hole) leaving one unused hole at one end.
But depending on how you plan to secure the strips, you may want to think about whether you may need to leave additional holes free at the end of each mounting strip.

Jason