12v Bullets vs Seeds/Pebbles

mstan87

New elf
Hi all, going to order some more pixels and trying to decide whether I get bullet nodes or seed/pebbles as seeds/pebbles I can get double the amount than the bullets. These are the 2 options

Thoughts? Pros/Cons. I mainly have all bullets at the moment on my props and mega tree, have had a bad last 2 years with failures.

Those seed poppers are a bit of a main to get used to push compared to bullets and add a couple of mm to the size. Some of my props are really tight on a couple of locations but they all work ok. I used them on singing faces and candy canes.
I'm going with seeds again this year but I am going to focus on matrixes mostly, only had a few failures on my mega tree from wind and bad cable tie locations on my behalf.

Just thought of 2 things to add, I've pretty much thrown out all my bullets from my 2022 show, I got sick of replacing 10 a night and using sckotchlocks like a madman at twilight. I know 2022 was a bad year for bullets but the price and durability is why I am sticking to seeds.

Also you can get seeds in standard lengths now (50,100s and 200s) and if you are able the pixel poppers are about 25% cheaper on Ali Baba, but I haven't bought from the seller there. Ray Wu supplied all mine last year, if you buy the rolls of them for a mega tree or matrix make sure you cut off one and test, some of mine were labelled wrong last year.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. I decided to test out the seeds and grabbed 2000 of them. Cheers!

I am finding that the seeds can hang out of the poppers resulting in the need to hot glue each of the seeds to the poppers
There are better ways to mount seed pixels. I've just been modifying a 3wire version to a 4wire version over the last few nights. Printed out a few and they are very snug in coro/strips. Shouldn't need any hot glue to place them tightly. Will be making some up over the next few weeks.

There are better ways to mount seed pixels. I've just been modifying a 3wire version to a 4wire version over the last few nights. Printed out a few and they are very snug in coro/strips. Shouldn't need any hot glue to place them tightly. Will be making some up over the next few weeks.
My comment is directly related to the poppers in the first post. That is the pack and those are the items I purchased that need hot glue to keep them in place

Back