Hello, i am from GFLAI

gflai

New elf
Nice to meet you in here , i am from GFLAI who has the 2 lines with RGB led string lights, we have special tecnology to do the remote controlled led string lights with RGB color via 2 lines only , also it can controlled by DMX tenology , we want to share this new tecnology here , more info, you can visit our website gflai.com. thanks. Tim

Attachments

• rgb lights.jpg
    rgb lights.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 16

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Hi and welcome to ACL.

A few of us have been talking about these new type LED strings.

Some are interested on how to connect them to their computer controlled systems.

I'd be prepared to test a sample unit if you like.

gflai

New elf
if you software can support the DMX512 technology, you can test it . also we have the APP to control it , you can search the " LED Fun" in apple store or google play.

Attachments

• led fun.png
    led fun.png
    865.9 KB · Views: 14

gflai

New elf
our device can support the DMX512 ,which software do you use?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Xlights and Vixen are the 2 main ones. Both support DMX output via USB dongles, but most people use 2811 RGB pixels with dedicated pixel controller boards.

Jay.S

Full time elf
Xlights and Vixen are the 2 main ones. Both support DMX output via USB dongles, but most people use 2811 RGB pixels with dedicated pixel controller boards.

Most controllers we use support DMX in some form or fashion...

gflai

New elf
@Jay.S thanks, i am a new one, so i do not know the software how to commnucate with our 2 lines RGB lights. as here has 2 lines only.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 46
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 46

gflai

New elf
@David_AVD yes, 2811 is not suitable for our 2 lines led string lights , we use 4 lines for the similar one, i will show you late , it is new technology.

Jay.S

Full time elf
From the photos, you have basically built a small DMX controller for standard LED, is that right? I am willing to test a sample but if your product can only control the entire string and not individual LED I don't think many people here will be interested.

gflai

New elf
@Jay.S , our new technology can control the individual lights , not entire string lights. now we use our APP to control it , but we use the DMX512 protocol, but i am not sure if the Xlights can control us , usually we use the DMXKing to connect the led string lights and the computer to test.

Jay.S

Full time elf
The form factor of those strings is interesting, it looks much more like traditional Xmas lights than WS2811 nodes. I am thinking that anything that is capbably of outputting a DMX512 stream should be able to talk to your controller board. I am willing to tinker with it...

Jay.S

Full time elf
can we use the dmxking harward ( http://www.dmxking.com/usbdmx/ultradmxmicro ) to connect the Xlights software ?

That's an expensive piece of equipment, judging from your photos you already have a board that can read DMX data coming from a USB port. Send us that and we will see if we can make it work. However, respectfully, it seems that you aren't aware of the capabilities of xLights and/or Vixen and are overthinking the problem.