1st Universe seems to be mirroring to all universes! What did I break? (Solved)

battle79

Full time elf
Hello All,

Seems I have some learning to do. I have set up vixen with 8 x 16 pixel elements in universe 1 (they output perfectly).

Then I set up another 50 pixels, configured to universe 5 in the configure output controllers. Gives me 384 channels listed on universe 1 and 150 on universe 5.

Set up my ECG-P2 to be 128 pixels on universe 1 output 1, and 50 pixelson universe 5 output 2.

At this point I would expect it to follow what I have sequenced, but alas it mirrors my first first universe onto the second output( ie universe 5) :-\

Assuming one of you doesn't have a miracle (to me anyway) fix, how can I test if it is the hardware or the software?

I've tried setting the second string to another universe on software and hardware with no success.

Confounded,
Rowan

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Re: 1st Universe seems to be mirroring to all universes! What did I break?

In your setup of your P2 what is your start channel number for both universes. If you have them both starting at 1 then they will do the same thing.
eg.
Universes 1 should start at channel 1 with max 170 pixels or 510 channels
Universes 2 should start at channel 511 with max 170 pixels or 510 channels
and so on to universe 8

Even on separate outputs they still can not start on the same channel. These should match what you have set up in vixen.

So in your case universe 1 would go 1-384 and universe 5 would be 385-535

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

I would presume that in the vixen grid you have setup controllers with the same start channels or have duplicated universes in the E1.31 setup

The best thing to do is to take a screen capture of you your vixen grid setup, E1.31 setup and ECG P2 setup, from there 99% of issues are easily solved.

battle79

Full time elf

Sorted! :)
Was putting channel 1 for universe 5 instead of channel 385! Hence the mirroring. Problem solved.

Thanks Doug and Eddy for helpful answers as ever.

Regards,
Rowan