1st

What should happen to this topic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
1st time I have accomplished my goals to do with soldering first go. Had 3 strips that appeared to have faults at the joins. Ended up being the pixel on either side of the join (not sure which side as I just replaced both to be sure). Repairs on all three worked first go. Walking around with chest out now. Been a good day. I actually feel like I can achieve a reasonable solder now without fear of burning something out by taking too long. Thanks for all the tips. They all seem to be finally sinking in. I can actually see them giving the desired results. (touch wood)

I'll be 1st to give a demo at the next mini. :p That makes me laugh.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I had the 1st look at what my arch is going to look like this year. 7.1m wide and 5.5m high is BIG. No photos yet as I had some cleavage type dipping happening in the centre of the 2 8m lengths of RHS and I need to go back to the drawing board a bit with the join between the 2 parts. Did I say the arch was big?

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
1st time I've discovered that using a heat gun near your pvc conduit arches is not a good idea.

Also the 1st time I've discovered that if you don't plug in the headphones cable on your FM transmitter in then it leads to a lot of quizzical expressions from viewers.

And the other first was that when the screensaver comes on on the computer it locks up the lights for a few seconds and then its full steam ahead. Well I'm guessing that's what happened, made the heart rate rise for a bit there anyway.

mborg10

Michael Borg
1st time I have reversed the ute under my mega tree just so I could put the ladder in the back to reach a broken pixel. 5m up in the air on a ladder with nothing to hold onto. I shoulda joined the circus.

firebug

Senior elf
1st hot evening I've experienced at work this year. I reckon I've lost about 2kg in body weight and ie only been here 3hrs... :(

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Received my 1st Christmas card today.
Thank-you Jamie and family (Christmas on Bisley) for the awesome card and kind words.

Boof63

Senior elf
1st Fire in a pixel, really exciting, worrying, frustrating, worrying, scary, worrying, stressful, worrying, etc..........
Cheers all
Boof63 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
1st post in the 1st topic since the complete morons hacked ACL for the sole purposes of proving that they have a bigger epenis than someone else. Sure it may be bigger but it is located in the centre of their forehead.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
1st round of running repairs on the strip light on the roof. Broken solder joint. Fortunately, the whole strip and conduit snaps out easily from the clips holding it on the roof.... had it back in garage, re-soldered and back working on the roof in under 20mins. :D
Next on the list are faulting pixels round my biggest window . :( [SIZE=small] Might have to do that one In-situ.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.