2 wire - Polarity Reversing Lights

It’s power into the board and the DMX or the WS2811 decodes and turn the outputs on 1 polarity then reverse for the other section
I know how the DC2 boards work, I've got a heap of them, I want to know how you have wired your lights up, as you say you're using 4 outputs/channels but you are only using a 2 wire set of lights. You should only be using 2 channels, or 2 outputs.

Do you have one set of lights, or two sets of lights connected to the controller?
Do you have photos of how you have connected these lights.

Sorry .im
Not working it up 4 ports ,
X lights assigns 4 channels to the model
If I select 2 colours so I can turn both sections of each channel
On -
Which means - channels 1–2 and 3-4 are used by Xlights , so when I selected red on the model - both channels 1-2 and 3-4 are turning into red
Then select green and both channels 1-2 and 3-4 are reversing polarity and using the other part of the string
But it’s meant to be channel 1-2 as 1
Channel 3-4 as another

But it seems I’m lumped to Channels 1-4 as one group on the physical unit because xlights is automatically assigning 4 channels , 2 channels per colour
Set each colour as it's own string in xlights, a string for red, a string for green. Each string needs to be set as a single colour string in the string properties. In order to get both to come on at once, you create a group, and when assigning an effect onto that group on the timeline, you then set the colours that you wish to turn on, red, green or both red and green.

Each colour will be 1 channel, which means for the string, you end up using 2 channels total, or one set of outputs on the DC2

Using the models this way , if I set red as the colour - both 1-2 and 3-4 are turned on red
If I do green same , and if I do white - both channels 1-2 and 3-4 do both at the same time

But I should be able to set them as 1-2 - red and green
3-4 - red and green
5-6 red and green

Currently I have 1-4 as curtain 1
Channel 5-8 as curtain 2 , but im only using channels 1-2 for curtain 1
And channels 5-6 for curtain 2 so I can get them to operate seperatly but the other channels copy their mates -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
I have dedicated leads to each set of outputs
1-2 , 3-4, 5-6 etc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.8 KB · Views: 7
Set each colour as it's own string in xlights, a string for red, a string for green. Each string needs to be set as a single colour string in the string properties. In order to get both to come on at once, you create a group, and when assigning an effect onto that group on the timeline, you then set the colours that you wish to turn on, red, green or both red and green.

Each colour will be 1 channel, which means for the string, you end up using 2 channels total, or one set of outputs on the DC2
Could you show an example of? How do I assign that on the visualiser ?

It won't look like your prop, unless you some how custom-create one, I used single lines as my prop for choice, it just gives me an idea of how things are going to look.

Create a single line item

Set the lights per string to whatever you want to give you a visual aid.

set string type to "single colour" (see image below)

select the colour of the string to whatever you need it to be. (See image below)

assign your controller/start channels etc

Repeat this process once more for a single two wire string, this will give you control of each polarity.

Ryglequ.png

It won't look like your prop, unless you some how custom-create one, I used single lines as my prop for choice, it just gives me an idea of how things are going to look.

Create a single line item

Set the lights per string to whatever you want to give you a visual aid.

set string type to "single colour" (see image below)

select the colour of the string to whatever you need it to be. (See image below)

assign your controller/start channels etc

Repeat this process once more for a single two wire string, this will give you control of each polarity.

Ryglequ.png
When I do that , xlights assigns it to channel 1-2 , so the done is automatically placed as 3-4

This is how it looks , making 2 identical models , one set to red , one set to green

Attachments

• IMG_5155.jpeg
    IMG_5155.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
That’s the strong properties

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
The easiest way to work out what the issue is is to use the "package sequence" feature in xlights and to share that so that your exact layout and configuration can be shared. If you want to do that and put it on dropbox, drive or email it to me I'll have a look. Getting xlights to work right with 2 channel lights is a problem. From previous experience the xlights "controller upload" will often break things. For the 2811dc2-30 I would probably expect to see the models looking very messed up in Falcon Player or potentially Falcon pixel controller or whatever. What I have done in the past is to do an upload from xlights. Turn off the controller upload. Log into FPP (assuming that's what it's going to). Delete the models that are incorrect. Edit in a 10 pixel/30 channel model.
It's possible to use the shadow model feature in xlights that allows the controller upload to work without breaking stuff. I did this for someone last year but I can't remember the exact process.

currently how i have it set, it works as follows
channels 1-4 all work as one set
channels 5-8 work as another set of lights
and 9-12 work as another set
but i will package the xlights sequence and give you a google drive copy

currently set this way it works as i require, and if i want 2 sets of lights to do the same thing, i just plug them into the matching set

however i would prefer to use it as individial channels, so i shall contact you alan for assistance

Reactions: AAH
Back