2012 - My first display ever!

nato595

Let's do this!
I think I have only ever even hung lights once or twice before in my life... but in 2012 I decided to give sequencing a try. Here was the end result - I was pretty happy with it for my first try. 8) Looking forward to the 2013 season!
Any feedback, good or bad, is much appreciated! :)

2012 awesome musical Christmas light show

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Very nice job. You are going to have a hard time beating that for 2013. Welcome to ACL and don't hesitate to check out the chat room anytime. If you have any questions or answers for that matter feel free to ask. There are a lot of great people who love to tell you what to do ..... uhh help you out. :)

Bird

LOR user
Seriously .. a display like that for the first year and you think there would be bad feedback?

That was a lot of work, in lights, sequencing, etc.

Very nice job indeed. It will be a pleasure to see what you come up with in the future.

At 3:26 I like your rapid flashing with additional continuous back lighting, at 4:03 I like the flashing without any real blackout periods, at 6:35 I like what you did the garage door washing. So many nice things you are creating your 1st year. Look forward to your future accomplishments.

nato595

Let's do this!
Matt said:
Are the lights along your roofline RGB or plain single colour LED ?

Matt, the roofline, window, and door outlines all have 4 strings of single color LED M5 lights; red, green, blue, & white. Seeing how bulky, heave, and hard to hang the string clusters were, ill defenitely be using RGB in the future, maybe even all smart strings.

kel

Dedicated elf
work6.jpg

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Mactayl said:
Very nicely done,,, what is the name of the second song in your video, I like that one the best
I agree with Mac. I would like to find that song as well. I seem to remember seeing a video of a girl playing the violin to this but can't remember where or the name. Darn old age !!
You should be very proud of your work on that. A really nice job and for the first year! WOW. I certainly wish my first year was half that good.
Can't wait to see what this year will unfold into.

nato595

Let's do this!
The first little clip was a Fatman Scoop hype mix of Swedish House Mafia - One.
The second was Mark Ronson / Ghostface Killah / Nate Dogg - Ooh Wee.
The third track (first whole song) is Lindsey Stirling - Crystallize. She is amazing, ill for sure be using another one of her songs again this year. You can check her out at youtube.com/lindseystomp
Fourth was Bass Hunter - Jingle Bells (remix).
Last was Black Eyed Peas - Pump It, mixed and mashed with TSO - Wizards In Winter and a drum cover of that song also.

Thanks again for the comments!

Mactayl

New elf
nato595 said:
The first little clip was a Fatman Scoop hype mix of Swedish House Mafia - One.
The second was Mark Ronson / Ghostface Killah / Nate Dogg - Ooh Wee.
The third track (first whole song) is Lindsey Stirling - Crystallize. She is amazing, ill for sure be using another one of her songs again this year. You can check her out at youtube.com/lindseystomp
Fourth was Bass Hunter - Jingle Bells (remix).
Last was Black Eyed Peas - Pump It, mixed and mashed with TSO - Wizards In Winter and a drum cover of that song also.

Thanks again for the comments!

Thanks for the info, I will start looking for her music.

Mac