2013 "plan"

baldylox

New elf
Greetings from USA! I've been bouncing back and forth from here and DIYC. love both sites so I guess ill post in both :D

I made myself a little CAD drawing to help visualize my step up from static to dynamic this year. I have 32 Red/Green Candy Canes, 2x6' Spiral Trees, 4x4' Spiral Trees, 4x3' Spiral Trees, 150 Pixels of GECE Ice Crystals, many static Penguins and Snowmen. I plan to add 75m 5050 Smart Strips, and 300 Pixels of GECE G35. If time allows....10' Mega Tree :D Not sure if im going Sandevices or J1Sys as of yet, but anyway...here's my plot of land for the CLAP!

Attachments

• HOME_DECO2.jpg
    HOME_DECO2.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 183

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL baldylox
Nice drawing
Like the layout of the sprial trees
Got one question. How are you going to anchor your mega tree on the driveway?
What part of the world are you located?

baldylox

New elf
I live in MNiscrotum. :)

I'm not sure about the mega yet. I have 10 different setups stored on my hard drive that I could use or adapt. My driveway has about a 1.5% slope, so I have to first decide which will be easiest to have sitting level. I like the pvc designs that collapse for storage, but I've not tossed out the idea of using a full welded frame either and tossing into a shed.

thanks for the welcome

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
What did you draw the picture up with as it looks like a nice package.

baldylox

New elf
AAH said:
What did you draw the picture up with as it looks like a nice package.
Plain a simple Google Sketchup 8. I loaded a 2d image of my house from a picture and then scaled it as close as I could. I blocked it out with a view from google maps and started tracing the edges. All textures are built in and paint filled in. The flakes, spirals, flora, penguins and trees etc were downloaded from 3dwarehouse for free and copied in. I made the icicle in photoshop and just copied them in. Took about 14 hrs as it sits as I'm a 110% amateur

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The fact that you have the GECE pixels tells me that your choice is the E682 as the J1SYS controllers do not support these lights

baldylox

New elf
ya its sketchup. see my last post. took 14hrs for a noob.

Fasteddy - do you have plans to add GECE? I really like your equipment and documentation from what I am reading. Right now I have 200 pixels of GECE, everything else is 5050 strip or strings. I think I could use 1 e68X for the GECE stuff from a network switch and keep the rest all on J1Sys products. I do have some renard items I use for halloween, but as of now, they are not planned for xmas. (singing trees)

greg58

Full time elf
Hey baldylox, yes I like the drawing too. Any chance of getting a ACAD copy, it would half my time as you have done the hardwork with the backrounds, colours etc. If OK, email to gregryan58@bigpond.com.au.
I have some understanding of CAD and have a copy of Sketchup 8 on my PC, which I can use.
Thanks very much.
Greg

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
baldylox said:
ya its sketchup. see my last post. took 14hrs for a noob.

Fasteddy - do you have plans to add GECE? I really like your equipment and documentation from what I am reading. Right now I have 200 pixels of GECE, everything else is 5050 strip or strings. I think I could use 1 e68X for the GECE stuff from a network switch and keep the rest all on J1Sys products. I do have some renard items I use for halloween, but as of now, they are not planned for xmas. (singing trees)

Im not the same Ed as the Ed from J1SYS im a bit less intelligent than that Ed :D

Last i talked to Ed he said there was no immediate plans for GECE support. Using a E68x controller is the best option for running GECE