DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Proposed Date
22 - 23 Jun 13 *confirmed*

Proposed Locations
Sunnybrae Function Centre *confirmed*

Door Prizes (There sure is)
List will be promulgated shortly

https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/2013-Mini-Adelaide (link to all the current info)

Proposed Topics
e1.31
Pixel, DMX, other style controllers
LSP,LOR,HLS,Nutcracker
Corro uses
Music manipulation
Basics to soldering + other forms of joining stuff to those electrical thingies.
Pixels in LOR Vs LSP
Coffee consumption for beginners.
Different display setups
User Show and Tell. Bring something from your display

Interested Attendees

Matt
smartalec
mick8248
ryanschristmaslights
ttregoweth
Boof63
mellowcouple
weston lights
jb09
macflea
adski
anon (tentative)
dano1271 (tentative)
thecrazylightlady
Ozemate
Deblen

Attendee List is shown on the Wiki page

Attendee Dinner Saturday (Venue not selected)
Matt
Karob
jb09

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Re: 2013 RAdelaide Mini Expo Interest Thread

Well, following the other threads for the more inferior states, I thought it might be a good idea to find out if any of my fellow RADelaidians were keen to be part of a mini right here in the city of churches.

Whilst no specifics have been set in stone or booked, now would be a good time to gather peoples thoughts and determine their intentions.

Venue is set,

I am quite happy to get the ball rolling and start the organisation and also work as the host for the day/weekend.

I would be really interested in people who would like to present a topic, lead a discussion or even setup a mini display of hardware.

Being that I have not attended a mini myself, I will be somewhat reliant on the suggestions and advice of others, but will definitely conduct a presentation or two.

Please let me know via this thread of your interest, and via PM if you would like to assist. You dont have to be an expert to relay knowledge.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Re: 2013 RADelaide Mini Expo Interest Thread

Matt said:
I was thinking so as not to clash with other states dates and to also give drive time for those wishing to go interstate, that we could possibly look at 29 - 30 Jun 13.

Venue again is not set, however Ryan has mentioned that last years venue would be available, or if someone else has any idea's, we could discuss that also. My vote is for a venue with an open bar, but they tend to be quite expensive to hire.

Yes, I've been told the Sunnybrae Function Centre will be available again if dates are locked in advance (e.g. a few months notice). Depending on numbers it would either be in the same room (Pavillion) as last time, or a larger room (e.g. Coach House).

Matt said:
I am quite happy to get the ball rolling and start the organisation and also work as the host for the day/weekend (heaven forbid unless work decides to butt its head in again)

How far out from a given date are you usually given notice for work trips?

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer

Well Im ready for another adelaide mini, bring it on.
let me know what i can do to help
alec.

adski

Dave Brown

I'll be in Melbourne on the 29th/30th, so I'd much prefer the previous weekend - 22/23 June (same as last year). I can pretty-well guarantee that I'll be available then.

Dave

mick8248

Full time elf

Put me down as a starter for either of the proposed weekends, don't know my roster for then yet, so might have to do some shift changes for either one.

Boof63

Senior elf

Put me down for a sunday at least. hopefully sporting obligations for regionals should be done by then
cheers Boof63

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?

Any one else interested at the moment, Starting to really get to that stage that some organising is going to have to occur.

Remember if you have a topic you wish to present, or even just talk about in a less then formal setting. Please let me know. At present Im thinking with the number of attendees, we may ly run one day worth of expo madness.

Alec, PM me what ever topic you want to help with.

Ryan, you aint getting out scott free.

Maybe i just put attendee's names in a hat and randomly draw names and topics.. mwhahaha, if anything, that would leed to a quite amusing day or two.

mellowcouple

Full time elf

Add me for the 22nd-23rd thanks, rostered off then.. Can you let me know ASAP if it's the next weekend so I can arrange time off.

Ron.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?

Ok So I have updated post #1 here, and at present note there is only an interest from about 7 people. If anyone knows of any other RAdeladians who haven't been part of the forums much this year who would be interested, please get them to check out this thread.

So far, I have two and a half presenters. (Im the half) and could really use some others with knowledge in their particular systems or software they are using.

At the end of this month, I will ask Ryan to lock in the Venue for both days.

When I receive response from other presenters, I will also promulgate an Agenda for the day(s)

Im sure there will also a possibility of a Saturday Dinner for all who wish to attend.

If those people who are outside of the RAdelaide area need accommodation, please let me know, Im sure we may be able to find a place for you to stay (without the need to dig into pockets and pay for hotels etc,( i have a kids tent I can offer))

Lets get involved and have a great mini this year (like other years).

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer

i'll be dragging 'weston lights' to the mini.. via his hair if i have too..

come of the rest of SA , Lets make this mini better than last year..