2014 Display Videos - Thanks Everybody!!

nutz4lights

Full time elf
What a challenging year... in 2013, my pixels showed up on December 1st, which was not really enough time to get everything out before Christmas... then I decided to nearly double the pixels this year on top of that. I worked from February 1st through the summer and early fall on getting elements built, controllers built, etc... and was successful at lighting up for Halloween... and having all the lights on the house before Thanksgiving. In 9 years of being in this hobby, that has never happened. Thought I was in good shape... then sequencing woes took over! Ugghhh...

Everybody at this site was with me through the whole thing, answering stupid questions, and some not so stupid questions... helping to solve some easy problems and some difficult ones... I didn't get to do music again this year because of all the challenges I had with the sequencing side of things... and yes I had Technicolors on the roof fail for a second time... but I think the rest of this looks pretty good.

Thanks so much to everybody for helping take it this far... there are five sequences that I was able to finish, they are 2 minutes each. They consist of whole display macros in LSP using mostly image shifter and line art tools... nothing fancy... Looking forward to getting back to music-based sequences in 2015.... which I'm sure will have me back on this site asking lots of stupid questions...

2014 - Full Christmas FINAL Sequence 01 on Vimeo

2014 - Full Christmas FINAL Sequence 02 on Vimeo

2014 - Full Christmas FINAL Sequence 03 on Vimeo

2014 - Full Christmas FINAL Sequence 04 on Vimeo

https://vimeo.com/114733424

Thanks for looking (and thanks to Don and Scott for always taking time out of their own decorating to help with whatever "can't do it with one set of hands" task I threw at them)!

-Louie

damona

Full time elf
How Tall is the Mega Tree, Looks like it could be 7 meters.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
It's actually around 6m. Here in the states they sell the black iron fire sprinkler pipe in 10 foot lengths which is close to 3m and there are two of them joined together. The star is another 60cm on top of that.

Louie

Bird

LOR user
That's just Nutz ;) .. very extensive display.
Also would be a sequencing nightmare, have fun with it.
Look forward to the music sequencing next year. :)

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Thanks for the kind comments everybody! I learned from some of the best!

Bird... it was a nightmare to sequence, hence the reason I gave up trying to get music going a few weeks back :p

Gonna start on the music in February this year... now that I know how it all looks and what the work-arounds are in LSP... I don't plan on changing much next year... well, aside from actually having working lights on the roof!

Take care,

-Louie

arw01

Full time elf
Look forward to answering stupid or other questions over here and on the facebook group..

You could still toss some music in there, you just have a animated light show instead!

I have a couple of sequences that will be that way this year, I too will start WAY earlier on the music, but as with you, I did not really know how the yard would look with what because what I ended up with are NOT what I was intending!

nutz4lights

Full time elf
My best sequencing historically comes from knowing what the lights will look like and do. I know some have a knack for doing it without having seen the lights but that is not me...

Louie

gerry

Senior elf
Hello Nutz,

Perhaps in the new year u could post a video of one or two of your macro set ups (or even screen shots of the linked macros) - your effects are great !

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Thank you Eddy. Your suggestion to switch from 15 to 10 fps in my LSP macros pretty much MADE this possible last weekend when I was stumped and it seemed like another lost year, so thank you...

Louie