2014 Project

aaronwa

Apprentice elf
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting into computer controlled next year. I want to start off with something simple.

- a controlled allowing me to change effects (preloaded)
- an RGB strip, or connectable LED string

I effectivly want the guttering, and roof to chase and flash in the same way, and not one of the usualy boring 8 function modes...

Any suggestions?

ShellNZ

Senior elf
We tend to get all our lights etc from China here at ACL, from a man/shop called Ray Wu.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799

As far as controllers the world is your oyster just about.

If its pixels you are wanting (where you can control each LED or a section of them) then you can look at J1sys products, e.g ECG-P2, ECG-P12S etc. There is also Advatek which is new in Australia and also Sandevices.

If it is dumbRGB you are looking for (where the whole string goes the same color, all diff colors tho) then you can look at Alans Mega60AAH boards.

The best information is in the 101 manual here on site. Have a read through that as it will answer most of your questions :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Aaron CLOP said:
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting into computer controlled next year. I want to start off with something simple.

- a controlled allowing me to change effects (preloaded)
- an RGB strip, or connectable LED string

I effectivly want the guttering, and roof to chase and flash in the same way, and not one of the usualy boring 8 function modes...

Any suggestions?

Minleon will have exactly what your looking for in 2014, The controller has 20+ inbuilt effects that can be selected from a remote or you can take full control through a USB cable and Lightshow Pro software. The strings are also connectable.
This is what im using this year on my gutters and christmas tree as i never got around to putting up a show.
So this will enable you to run some great effects straight out of the box or take control via software

More info will come as it is made available but expect to see this in the 1st quater of 2014.