2014 shakedown test

damo1271

Full time elf
This is the first video of my 2014 show taken on my 'shakedown test' of the lights and systems.
Lots of firsts here, first time using vixen 3, lots of new elements - some only finished and installed today, first time with mixing music for the show. This is also my first attempt at video production / editing so there could be some room for improvement! (go easy on me please)

From the video I have found quite a few sequence changes needed, and element fixes to make before the go live date, but that was the purpose of this trial.

http://youtu.be/XWLO9WhujiA

benzor84

Apprentice elf
WOW!!!!!
Congrats damo looks great!! That matrix is huge. (what is it)
Are you using FPP or playing directly from vixen 3 as it looks very smooth.
Congrats again im sure you will be the talk of the town with this display.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Damo, you're a harsh critic. I didn't see anything wrong. Thought it was great. Good to see the lights in time with the music. I think I might have to "borrow" the music off your video. Love that mix, works really well. I have to learn video editing too (my 1st ever display's been going over a week and haven't videoed it yet). What program did you use.

damo1271

Full time elf
Thanks for your kind comments. :)
To answer some of the questions...
As far as the matrix, it is 91 x 16 pixels, driven from a P12. It is about 11m long and 1.2 high.
I am playing directly from Vixen 3 (32 bit version). I will experiment with FPP in the coming week or so, once I've ironed the bugs out of the sequencing.
I recorded the video with my DSLR and then the music was overlaid using windows movie maker, which is free.

Habbosrus

Back again
Wow! Just - Wow! Looks awesome. It's something to aspire to. You should give yourself one big pat on the back.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
That was great. Nice and tightly sequenced right on the beats. Hadn't heard those song versions before... I like a bit of comedy in the songs.... it's fun.

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Excellent work.. You must be pleased with the result.. I know the community will be.. :D