2014 success!

Habbosrus

Back again
Saturday night was my planned "Lights On" start. On Friday it wasn't looking good as I was short a controller due to a hiccup with one of my E6804's. I had previously ordered another as a spare "just in case" and there were issues with the freight company collecting it from Sandevices. An urgent plea was placed with Luke from Advatek and like a champion, he got one sent express post on Wednesday. Delivery was guaranteed for next day but Aussie Post encountered some problems. Long story short, they delivered on Saturday morning!!! A frantic afternoon of changing things and resetting things and at 8.30pm on the dot ........... SUCCESS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
There was only a smallish audience through the evening, but I enjoyed it so much I stayed outside watching my lights and dancing to the music until 1.30am. A number of people stopped and joined me. I kept asking if I should turn them off or turn the music down and was told no every time.
Sunday night saw around 50 cars stop. I had 3 different groups of kids sitting in the median strip watching, giggling, singing - it was awesome. I expected last night to be quiet being a Monday. I had cars lined up at 7.30 waiting for the show!
I know, none of this happened cos there are no pics or video. Hopefully I can get something worth uploading this year.
Once again, thanks everybody.
If there is anybody in the Caves Beach area that is better than useless (me) with a camera in hand, please take some pics for me. I'll put my Santa hat on and give you a candy cane for being good ;)

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
That is awesome Habbo!
I can't wait to see the videos, I'll bet they are awesome.
Glad to see you got things sorted out.
Now sit back with a brew and enjoy, you earned it.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Great work Steve. I hope the 1.30am finish didn't lead to a case of gout the next day!

firebug

Senior elf
Is the show on tonight Steve? If the little one is not to tired after swimming lessons we might drive out...

Habbosrus

Back again
firebug said:
Is the show on tonight Steve? If the little one is not to tired after swimming lessons we might drive out...
Hey firebug, as long as the storm doesn't put a dent in my plans. I think we're right on the edge of a sever storm. Hasn't hit yet though.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Wow, sounds like one of those right down to the wire kind of things. Well done. And good on you for dancing the night away to the lights until the wee small hours. Enjoy your hard work.