2014 Video & Drone Shots

Gilrock

Full time elf
Wow that's a lot of stuff to manage. I remember looking at your website a couple years ago and I don't remember the mega trees being RGB. That's gotta be a huge amount of channels now. I'm curious what type of rgb strings did you pick for those and what software are you using to run it all.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
What's the range on the drone. My lights turn on at 8 if want some more practice! Love the lights and great footage.

wbottomley

One Light Too Bright

wbottomley

One Light Too Bright
BundyRoy said:
What's the range on the drone. My lights turn on at 8 if want some more practice! Love the lights and great footage.

Depends on your area and the amount of interference. 1K Feet.?

Gilrock

Full time elf
Ok cool. That's pretty close to what I'm doing except mines small scale. You might also consider the P12S cards from J1SYS....they have 2 DMX output channels and 12 universe outputs. I use the DMX outputs of the P12 to run my old LOR controllers (5 CCRs and 3x 16 channel controllers).

Looks like you could run that show with the Falcon Pi Player if you wanted. I tested the FPP last year the last week in December and I'm planning to use it full time this year.

wbottomley

One Light Too Bright
CopperCreekLights said:
Ok cool. That's pretty close to what I'm doing except mines small scale. You might also consider the P12S cards from J1SYS....they have 2 DMX output channels and 12 universe outputs. I use the DMX outputs of the P12 to run my old LOR controllers (5 CCRs and 3x 16 channel controllers).

Looks like you could run that show with the Falcon Pi Player if you wanted. I tested the FPP last year the last week in December and I'm planning to use it full time this year.

I have two Raspberry PI Players ready to go.... but time quickly got away from me.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Always a pleasure to see your display each year William and this year again doesnt dissapoint

mborg10

Michael Borg
I like watching the install videos and seeing everyone's techniques for setup. Looks like you have it done to a fine art.