2014 Videos from a Rookie

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Excellent display there. Like the way there is light shoots from the star on your mega mega tree down to the nativity scene- very cool. And by the looks of things you have so many megatrees you have a megaforest!

Habbosrus

Back again
If that's from a rookie I'd hate to think what my status would be. It looks fantastic! I love the stuff you did on the pixel tree to the left of video. Can you provide some detail for the tree? What software are you using? I've done some basic stuff on my little 2d tree, but nothing like yours. It's fantastic. That's the kind of thing I want to do, but my feeble brain struggles a bit at times (ok, much of the time).

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
Go easy on the comments but here is what I used for this show. I like ease of installing and don't mind wasting channels for it. I ran 84 uni's and many wasted channels. LOL, The pixel tree is 16x84 and 20 feet tall with Seizure star on the top in the last video. The mega tree is 35 feet tall counting the star. The beam is 75 feet long down to the Nativity Scene which was upgraded to 2811's this year.

2- P12r
2- P12s
1- 682 Sandevice
7- 6804 Sandevice
28- LOR 16 Channel Controller
2- LOR 8 Channel Controller

mborg10

Michael Borg
Trafficman said:
Go easy on the comments but here is what I used for this show. I like ease of installing and don't mind wasting channels for it.

I'm finding I'm now doing the same thing. A Meanwell power supply paired with a p2 and I can have multiple controllers around the yard, not worried about filling every channel more for ease of install and dismantle.

Great work on the display as well

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I too have probably a lot of wasted channels but I agree sometimes it's just easier to go that way. Also means if one unit blows, only a small proportion of your lights go out.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Jeff all I can say is wow that is a job very well done.

love your pixel mega tree and the graphics you are doing.

would love to see a little video on how your doing that as you have done a awesome job. one of the best I have seen

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
Thanks all for the kind comments. The pixel tree were bought sequences that I converted to fit the taller tree. Most sequences are 16x50 and I convert them to fit the 16x84. Oooo The pain in doing it but well worth it on the bigger tree. Sure would be nice to have a converter tool that does this a little faster.

Now I want to add it into a software to sweep colors and stuff Like Andy and Shell does. I got to have that feature this year.....

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA

Bird

LOR user
Great job again this year. Really liked what you have done.

I'm guessing the rookie part refers to photographic skills. :D

You lazered baby Jesus. :eek: ::)
Yes, I watched CLF show. :D

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
Bird said:

Well I have a few years under my belt but a rookie at the camera and editing the video. LOL.. Caught my hand in the cookie jar...

Jeff

1983ss454

New elf
Trafficman said:
Bird said:

Well I have a few years under my belt but a rookie at the camera and editing the video. LOL.. Caught my hand in the cookie jar...

Jeff

I was gonna say lol, you've been doing this longer then me and I'm no rookie lol. I'm back to rookie status trying to figure out pixels