Adelaide/SA 2015 Adelaide Mini

What dates could you attend the Adelaide 2015 mini?

• 2nd/3rd May

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 9th/10th May

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 16th/17th May

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 13th/14th June

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Welcome to the 2015 Adelaide Mini discussion and planning topic. We have no idea who will run a 2015 Adelaide mini, nor where it will be held yet, but one of the following weekends would make the most sense (make your selection(s) in the poll above):
  • May 2nd/3rd
  • May 9th/10th
  • May 16th/17th
  • June 13th/14th
Dates that are out due to clashes with other minis or long weekends: The Sydney Mini is on 23rd/24th May and the Melbourne Mini will take place on 30th/31st May. 6th/7th June is the long weekend.

The Mini's schedule is open slather at this time. Now is the time to put up your suggestions on topics you'd like covered at the mini, or even better, what topics you'd like to share with us. Software problems? Display setup issues? How to do something? etc

Daryl

darylc

404 darylc not found
This post is reserved in case Matt comes to our rescue and runs it again even though he lives in Darwin lol

Karob

Let there be Light!
I have voted for the 16th/17th as my preferred dates.

As my other hobby is watching my Port Power I try to slot my other hobby around this, last year worked well as it was a Saturday night game, so looking at the fixtures some people may not want to attend on the May 2nd/3rd option as the Crows play the Power on the Sunday afternoon.

To the non football people it would not mean anything, but depending on who is attending it may come into calculations.

darylc

404 darylc not found
9th/10th are my favorite if 2nd/3rd aren't good for some people.

mellowcouple

Full time elf
Just found out I have a wedding in Queensland on the 16th/17th of May so anytime except that weekend will be ok....

i13

Dedicated elf
I believe we have something to add to the schedule.

By chance I recently ran into a Madrix user (not an ACL member) and he says he wants to present Madrix software at the Adelaide mini. http://www.madrix.com/

He has a large pixel matrix with each pixel in an empty 2L milk bottle. The matrix was demonstrating impressive pixel effects. I can give his email address to anyone who wants to know more or to organise a schedule.

There are videos of a display controlled by Madrix here
youtube.com/watch?v=lEKbVin93_o
youtube.com/watch?v=nOroZ2P-3FE

adski

Dave Brown
June 13/14 is looking the most promising - it has the most votes and nobody seems to have ruled it out so far - and Rob will be OK provided Port don't lose on the 12th :'( (The Crows have a bye)

Does anyone have a problem with that weekend? Can we lock it in?

darylc

404 darylc not found
adski said:
June 13/14 is looking the most promising - it has the most votes and nobody seems to have ruled it out so far - and Rob will be OK provided Port don't lose on the 12th :'( (The Crows have a bye)

Does anyone have a problem with that weekend? Can we lock it in?

I think we're going to have to leave it open until we confirm a venue.

elnino

Full time elf
I'm still around - It was just that my spam filter was blocking all of the ACL emails so i wasn't visiting much.

My office is available on any of the weekends in May but *preferably* not on the 16/17 (which seems to be the best weekend for most people unfortunately but we'll go by numbers).

Plenty of room for anyone who wants to come along. Off street parking for about 30 cars, lunch room/Kitchen etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.