Sydney/NSW 2015 mini and Vivid festival - 30th-31st May - confirm date

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Guys,

Another great mini for 2014 and now focus will start to turn to 2015 and keeping with the same format of timing the mini with Vivid the date proposed is the same weekend as this year and last year, so the date im proposing is the Saturday the 30th for Vivid and Sunday the 31st of May for the mini

I am also wanting to put in a proposal for Vivid that will be from the ACL community, so we can do a community project, so I will chase that up and see if we can make it a reality for 2015. Hopefully more info on that will come.

benzor84

Apprentice elf
Sounds great Eddy.

A community project to do some mid year blinky could be allot of fun

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Just wondering would the long weekend be better? So as those that have to work early monday morning, dont need to rush home.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
bbayjohn said:
Just wondering would the long weekend be better? So as those that have to work early monday morning, dont need to rush home.

This was discussed in previous years but due to hotel restrictions on this long weekend and other issues it was decided to keep away from the long weekend. Also many go away for the long weekend.

But im still open to the idea

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Would it be possible to squeeze two days out of it to get the most out of both the mini and the vivid festival. Say meet and greet friday night with a vivid activity afterwards. The mini saturday followed by dinner and vivid activity. Then mini sunday. Could start mini on Saturday a little later than normal, say 10, to allow time for people to get there if not attending Friday night.

Without having been to either, both activities seem well worth attending in their own right. Just an idea to try and maximise time spent at the events for the time spent travelling.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Fasteddy said:
I am also wanting to put in a proposal for Vivid that will be from the ACL community, so we can do a community project.

Does this mean we can add flights to the price of setting up a display? Seeing the ACL community need to be there....

Status
Not open for further replies.