2015 Plans - Paperbark Christmas Lights

MarcD

Full time elf
the grinch said:
Hey marcd well played indeed looks great and we love it when a plan comes together!

It's only because I'm completely anal when it comes to planning. The strings have a bit more sag than I would have liked, but I didn't want to put too much strain on the fence or the roof. Even at their lowest point, there's still over two metres clearance. Enough that kids shouldn't jump up and grab them and tall adults won't hit their heads.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Yes worked well for you as for me is always the last minute as always plenty of other things needing attention if it wasnt for that last minute nothing would ever get done !

MarcD

Full time elf
The other problem I've had to contend with is the LED strip around the sleigh. We had static white LED's around the edges in previous years, but last year, while pulling it apart, one of the wires got stood on and ripped out. I took the opportunity to replace them with RGB LED strip with a remote control so I can change the lights to any colour.

Fiddly job. The two side have been replaced and I still need to do the front. Hopefully I'll get that done tonight.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Ok cool would love to see a pic as have been thinking of ways to pimp santas sleigh in honestly had plan of making mine drive using an old briggs and stratton motor laying around but wife not so happy with that idea. Fun police hey . should be a forum where everyone can show their sleighs they have built is that possible ? Moderator s

MarcD

Full time elf
the grinch said:
Ok cool would love to see a pic as have been thinking of ways to pimp santas sleigh in honestly had plan of making mine drive using an old briggs and stratton motor laying around but wife not so happy with that idea. Fun police hey . should be a forum where everyone can show their sleighs they have built is that possible ? Moderator s

I don't have many photos of the sleigh on my iPad. Here's a couple with the sleigh and the dashboard.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 29

scamper

Dedicated elf
MarcD said:
I'm glad the first aid box worked out for you. Yours is way neater than our. I spent hours scouring the internet and visiting electrical suppliers before discovering these boxes. Cheap but effective solution.

Haha, neater indeed... I am just lazy :) I screwed a piece of pine in the back so I could screw all the stuff in from the front.
after all, contrary to popular belief,
laziness is the mother of invention...