smeighan

Dedicated elf
Latest releases are found at www.xlights.org
Issue Tracker is found here: www.github.com/smeighan/xLights/issues

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
---------------------------------
2016.53 Nov 17, 2016
-- bug (dkulp) Fix overlap of icicle drops when using multiple strings
-- bug (dkulp) Fix crash when Undo is used after closing a sequence and opening another
-- bug (dkulp) Fix crash on OSX if numpad enter is used in certain text boxes
-- enh (gil) Add wrap option to Fill effect to allow turning off wrap feature.
-- enh (gil) Add ability to flip the channel numbers in custom model horizontally and vertically.
-- enh (dkulp) If the OpenGL driver didn't double-buffer, try again. Should help on GDI driver
-- bug (dkulp) Fix crash if right click on setup tab when no controllers are defined
-- bug (dkulp) May not be able to import xLights effects onto submodels without first viewing the
submodel layers on the grid
2016.52 Nov 09, 2016
-- bug (dkulp) Allow using @ModelName:# for individual strands where ModelName is the current model
-- bug (keithsw) Fix picture effect image scaling
-- bug (keithsw) Set default FPP user to fpp instead of pi
-- bug (dkulp) Fix crash if node effects are on nodes that don't exist
-- bug (dkulp) Fix crash on scheduler page on OSX due to obsolete code
-- enh (jwylie) changed minute : second counter to accept prepended and appended text
-- enh (dkulp) Add ability to import custom timing tracks (and lyric tracks) from other xLights sequences
-- bug (dkulp) Fix crash on drag/drop if no sequence loaded
-- bug (dkulp) CreateCustomModel dialog would not allow selecting node type on OSX

Gilrock

Full time elf
I believe that notation is only something that is used for specifying Start Channels so you could experiment with it and see what start channel gets defined.

dkulp

Full time elf
damona said:
Allow using @ModelName:# for individual strands where ModelName is the current model

Any detail on this new feature?

If you had a model where you turned ON the individual start channels but then tried to offset the individual strands from the start of the model itself, it wouldn't work. All the other strands would have their offset be based off of channel #1.

For example, a matrix named "Matrix" with 3 strands: strand one is channel 1000. Strand 2 you put as @ModelName:500. Previously that would evaluate to Channel 501. Now it would be 1501.

Most people would never hit this. I hit it because I wired my large boscoyo minitree in a way that needed it. I took a strand of 100, went 16 up, 16 down, then skipped one as the wholes at the bottom are too far apart for standard pixel spacing. 16 up, 16 down, skip another, and another 16up/down. I modeled this as three strings of 32, 2 strands/string. To account for the extra 3 channels in the middle, I had to turn on the individual start channels and specify the start for the second/third strings. I wanted them based off the start of the model so I would only have to worry about the start channel for the first string and everything else cascades like normal.