Release 2016.56 xLights released. Spatial Color gradients, Effect improvements

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Release 2016.56. Prob last release this year ..

Thanks to Dan Daniel Kulp, Gil Jones, Chris Debenham and Keith Westley!

Spatial color gradients on more effects. Pinwheel, Fan effects improved (no holes on large models, faster to render).
New Tools,Package Sequence
Improved Galaxy effect

I made a video highlighting some things in this release
https://vimeo.com/197634619

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
---------------------------------
2016.56 Dec 31, 2016
-- enh (gil) Rounder ends for the Galaxy effect.
-- enh (gil) Use dynamic step angle to prevent holes in Galaxy effect for large radii.
-- enh (gil) Update Fan to support spatial colors and not leave any holes.
-- enh (gil) Update Shockwave to support spatial colors and not leave any holes.
-- bug (gil) Fix cell highlight movement that was broken by other fixes in August. Fixes #755.
-- enh (keithsw) Add sequence packaging to the tools menu "Tools,Package Sequence"
-- bug (keithsw) Make xbkp auto recovery smarter. Dont trigger after a sequence is discarded. Dont trigger when doing batch rendering.
-- enh (keithsw) Add more sub buffer panel right click menu options for fast setting sub buffers
-- enh (keithsw) Add manual sub buffer editing allowing more precise control over sub buffer sizing
-- enh (keithsw) Add home (start of song) /end (end of song) /pause (pause playing song) shortcut keys in sequencer
-- enh (keithsw) Add spatial color curves to single strand
-- enh (keithsw) Add spatial color curves to pinwheel
-- enh (keithsw) Add reset to default on remaining effects when you select a different effect to the one currently selected (fan/morph/shockwave/dmx/fill/galaxy)

Software is on www.xlights.org

EmmienLightFan

One of few displays in the UK
I am pleased that you fixed the fan effect. I used it once in my show this year. This year, I created an animation of the fan effect in After Effects, and put that on my whole house model, instead of using the XLights fan effect.

The fan effect still leaves holes when it is very thin, but when the thickness is increased it looks beautiful.