2016 acrylic tube possible bulk buy

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
Hi all
ANY admins or moderators who want to oversee this please contact me
I am looking at a possible bulk buy of the 50 mm acrylic tubes the same as the 2015 bulk by done by michael in 2015
as the last year members will remember the tubes new members will not
NOTE I HAVE NOT confirmed pricing MOQ this is purely an INTEREST post the last MOQ was 200 pcs 3m long and the last cost was when the dollar was higher , Michael has gladly agreed to pass on all info from the last bulk buy regarding product details shipping company and any other info we need if there is enough interest i will follow up and talk with michael and the company in China the last cost of the tubes was $20 each but the AUD was also around the 80 or 85c mark I am not doing this to make money and i will not let this cost me money with hidden fees or charges all costs will be calculated as per bulk buy rules and displayed to any member ordering tubes i am doing this as i would like some tubes myself as i am happy with the results from my purchase last year and would like to expand the show this is the thread from last years bulk buy http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,7235.0.html

I will be looking at making a driveway arch running a pixel strip through the centre... So would be interested in what you are talking about here...

Would probably be looking at needing 10m all up...

jaxon1205

New elf
Might be a noob question but is it possible to get HDPE from an international vendor? Would make the arch building process much easier.

mborg10

Michael Borg
jaxon1205 said:
Might be a noob question but is it possible to get HDPE from an international vendor? Would make the arch building process much easier.
That's the big question that has plagued us for years. "Can you"
I think you can get red or blue but not clear.
I went thru so many suppliers just to find this tube.

toxicturbo

New elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
jaxon1205 said:
That's the big question that has plagued us for years. "Can you"
I think you can get red or blue but not clear.
I went thru so many suppliers just to find this tube.

I work for a pipe manufacturer and the reason all HDPE in Oz is coloured, is due to the raw material in Oz has the carbon black (uv protection) premixed when supplied to the factories, the coloured pipe is just a co-extruded coating of coloured material over the black. So the only possible source would be overseas, they would also use colour and carbon black for normal production runs. All PE production would have a minimum production run to be economical for the manufacture. If someone could let me know the size that would be used by most, I could put out some feelers with my OS contacts. Just a point HDPE with out any colour or carbon black is not clear it is quite opaque.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I found 2 suppliers of PEX in Australia. 1 has 100m rolls of a gorgeous white PEX ex-stock that looks brilliant but only has in ID of 14mm which means that strip with the silicon sleeve on it doesn't really fit. Without the sleeve it fits dead easy. It will also fit if it doesn't have silicon or epoxy filling as the silicon sleeve will conform to the shape of the PEX tubing. Both suppliers are coming back to me with pricing on lengths of 4m or 5m but both have said that the shipping on lengths rather than rolls is much higher. I have spent the arvo trying to work out how to flatten the tubing out so that it ends up being in long lengths more conducive to bending into arches and a gnats whisker wider so that it fits the silicon filled strip in it. I even went to the extent of asking benbrown if there is a slightly narrower strip available but he tells me that the normal stuff is all 10mm pcb with the silicon sleeve fitting over that.

toxicturbo

New elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
That's were it all began an NO they don't care to post to AUS not even in bulk

You can get anything delivered to Oz if you know the right people. If someone can give what pipe is required and it is available I can probably get it. I quite often source small quantities specialty pipe for clients from OS.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
as i have not got enough response i will not be moving forward with the Bulk buy if any of the admins can close this thread it would be muchly appreciated