• Saturday 18th June & Sunday 19th June

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Plus side of that is we have a KFC within walking distance as well as a woolworths and a swimming pool next door not that it would be nice weather for swimming,

Ha kitman very clever a bribe with kfc may just work on rob lol

Karob

Let there be Light!
Nice one Jason, I work 100m from a KFC and yes I do visit there more times than I should

Thanks Kitman for the offer, at this stage we have had a minor hiccup on the venue from last year, Elnino is investigating another venue near the city that has parking and hopes to have an answer soon.

I will keep everyone posted as soon as we know any more info

Kitman

Full time elf
Well I have finally managed to speak with my site manager here at HPE and he said he doesn't have an issue with us using a meeting room here, however I need to run it past Facilities and Security, so I have sent an email to them asking if it is even possible to use a meeting room for our mini or not.

If nothing else this gives us an alternative location that we can use if all else fails (and they say yes lol)
Also our office is located in Felixstow now, used to be near the airport, there is ample parking in the swimming pool car park, atleast 100 cars can fit there and 200 in the actual HPE carpark if we needed (not that we would ever need that much space)

I will wait and see what I hear back just in-case we can't get any other venue.

elnino

Full time elf
I now have 100% confirmation that we have access to the CCF (Civil Contractors Federation) training rooms for the 28/29th May.

They are located at 1 South Rd, Thebarton (opposite the old brickworks site). Plenty of room and perfect venue for a Mini.

Woolies (ahem, and Dan Murphy's) now over the road, pub on the corner or plenty of room out back for a BBQ.

Karob

Let there be Light!
Thank you Andrew for your great work.

The details you have messaged me about the venue sound great and would make the mini a comfortable hi tech mini.

Andrew has advised me the venue does not come free, therefore I would like to get some feedback on how much people are willing to pay for a mini.

Last year we had a $5 per day cover fee, we was lucky to have some snags donated by my local butcher which did help lower the costs for the weekend, we need to finalise the lunch details at a later date.

With the venue Andrew has located we would need to up the cover fee to around the $10 mark per day. This would depend on final numbers of people who are attending the days.

Please let me know what people think about this.

I have unfortunately been busy on other projects up til last night so have not been able to dedicate much time to the mini, but with that project out of the way it would be nice if we could lock in the date, venue and some numbers so we can get this show on the road.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi Karob,

$10 -$20- $30 is still very cheap considering the money I spend on blinky and beer.... and nothing compared to the $$$$$$ the circuit breaker spends on her hair and shoes.. :D

Cheers
Fing

elnino

Full time elf
The cost of the room to hire for two days is $100. At this time, I don't know when it is payable but I expect it will be before we hold the Mini. It's not an unreasonable amount for us to come up with between the attendees I think.

We had a good turnout last year and it was very beneficial for all i believe. Any money you invest in the mini will undoubtedly be saved by learning from the mistakes that others have made before you. I know it saved me a lot!

I guess we need to concentrate on getting numbers finalised as much as possible, work out if Rob's butcher is going to help us out again etc so we can get some costings. Once we have that, we should be able to come up with a more than fair figure for attendees to pay on the day to cover out of pocket expenses for the organisers.

I'd love for the whole event to be free but with a venue like this, it was hard to turn down such a low expense to hire it over a generic meeting/conference room which was not as well suited (even the geek office was somewhat awkward).

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
I will only be attending for the one day,
as these costs (fuel+mini) is coming out of my blinky savings budget,
so cheap as possible please would be best for me.
(money might not bother Adelaide people but for me it does)

elnino

Full time elf
Rob, work out some costing and perhaps we can fund raise rather than charge an entry fee?

@Alec - buy your petty now and store it while it's cheap :)

What about bussing it down? Thatd be cheaper than the petrol wouldnt it?

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Any "Locals" have any suggestions where to stay?
Is there a watering hole that we may visit on Saturday night?

i'll be cab-ing it so something close would be good???
Cheers
Fing

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
elnino said:
Rob, work out some costing and perhaps we can fund raise rather than charge an entry fee?

@Alec - buy your petty now and store it while it's cheap :)

What about bussing it down? Thatd be cheaper than the petrol wouldnt it?

a buss is now $50 one way.. an no transport to the venue with goodies to share,..
so a car is the only way
where fuel should be $80 (hopefully)

kit-808

New elf
Can make the Saturday, $15 - $20 would even be good, payed a lot more to visit less interesting events :)

Also is parking available at venue :)

deblen

Full time elf
Hi All,

As a thank you, I will pick up the $100 cost for the hire of the venue,

The help I have received from all, is priceless, the cost is a thanks

Kabob, let me know when you need the money.

Deblen

:)

Kitman

Full time elf
Good to see we have a venue sorted and a date sorted already.

Sadly even though I was able to convince my big boss Facilities and Security were not so easily swayed and declined my request to use a meeting room, and without even saying why...

I am happy to cough up some money, really how ever much it is I am happy with, gets me out of the house lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.