2017 rambling thoughts so far ........

Binkles

Full time elf
Hmmm, my observations...

1. That screw you inserted to hold the panel down will find the cable underneath, and will require replacing the pixel.

2. Running cabling through the metal tubes is great until you have to put the prop up and the attached screw will then result in #1

3. It will rain.

4. The cable in the worst place will need the boom lift - even though it's on the other side of the shed.

5. Someone will tie all the data lines together on the matrix.

6. The last cable you make, and the one you didn't test will have the cables incorrect.

7. The one power supply that you don't have a spare for will die.

But the best of all.

Most people won't notice when something goes wrong and will love it anyway.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Just remembered I have another Rant! Stupid bubble machines luckily for me discovered about a month a go as my wife was purchasing bubble mixture ready for xmas season . So I naturally went and got them out of storage we have 2 so can test bubble mix . After last season we cleaned them dried them out and put back in there original boxes and stored in the xmas shed .so anyways whilst she is out shopping for bubbles turn on the first machine nothing hmm strange next one only fan is working once again hmm!
So then I proceed to pull them apart of course! also one of these machines was only used for a few days last year as I bought for my crazylightlady as part of xmas present especially for xmas eve and was used until new years so now we have two bubble machines in pieces and I am caught in the act !so now we have an unhappy crazylightlady! With lots of bubble mix and a table full of pieces that used too be bubble machines ! Once again hmmm ! As I was given what for !
By that time it was definitely beer oclock ! So yes click clack goes the can and so on ! Anyways turns out both machines the geardrive motors seized unrepairable !
Search ebay no problem 5 motors $22 order but have too wait and hope they arrive in time and the fan not working wasnt concerned as basically only a 12v dc computer fan simple . Few weeks later motors arrive yay just in nick of time first one fixed working woo hoo second one turns out ac 12v transformer for fan was blown (yes should of checked )umm so what now with only days to spare! after rummaging through everything unsuccessfully the next day I did manage to find a 12v dc transfomer suitable took out the diode bridge in the machine and macgyvered the replacement in safely . Luckily both working again for this year anyway.
Im pretty certain the reason why is machines where elevated slightly at front last year and bubble mix runs into gears of motors an seizes whilst in storage,so this year are level or slightly elevated from rear so hopefully don't happen again but will also spray with wd40 or similar before storage .
So once again thats my whinge feel better now lol
Good luck all it can be harsh out there !