2017 shows.. how is everyone doing?

lytnin

Full time elf
@marmalade No I haven't investigated as yet. I suspect it was storage and possible rough handling during unpacking.
Today was all positives though.
- all of my faulty tree strips have now been swapped out and realigned for data from the base .. no more up/down combinations.
- One of the strips from the tree failed just after the exact length I needed for the arch.
- I even got on the roof and realigned 4 strings that were out 1 pixel to the left.
Feeling like I achieved a heap this afternoon.
Fingers crossed all is well for tonight and for the rest of the month.

tooms

12v4life
Good old typical Kalgoorlie summer desert storm this afternoon, was 39 degree's most of the day prior to the storm, a boscoyo 46" snow flake is half dead and the 240 pixel start burst beside it on the same data line is dark .. obviously water getting in somewhere, will try and figure out tomorrow what went wrong

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
I HATE THIS THREAD ,! ALL has been going well since 18th of november until tonight oh my lord ! stupid dumb raspberry pies spiked again don't ask I know why !
Running most of show on xlights test lights ! And other elements on test we have endured and have gotten away with but guess what daddys doin tomorrow instead of all other important xmas preparation s for xmas day at our house !
Arrrrgggghhhh!

pookie

New elf
You have to watch out for that elf. Our elf has been getting up to all sorts of pranks. It has not been near the lights yet though.

eggiie

New elf
Grand plan had been to have the shows running on Dec 1. Unfortunately a last minute trip to Far North QLD and the MfDA (Minister for Domestic Affairs) deciding that her university assessments weren't as urgent as I thought they were put back the go live to about the 7th with three tracks. Plans to have Song 4 (AC/DC) on the rotation didn't happen until this week (went into the playback computer at 12:30 this Thursday morning). Traffic control is a nightmare between 8:30 and 10 and tonight one of the neighbours from the flats behind us has parked his car directly in front of our place so the limited parking out the front is even tighter. Council needs to trim their footpath tree as well, no doubt it will get a flat top this year from Essential Energy contractors and then I might be able to tidy it up a bit more to get some better viewing angles for the visitors.

On the bright side everyone has been blown away with many messages of support and discussion have been had with the other music show in town to have an "Armidale Christmas Lights" frequency so people don't have to keep retuning.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
MAJOR fail tonight. Ran out of candy canes and gingerbreads before 11pm.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Sounds like a supply and demand issue, increase your forecast!!
#retailjargon
Last night we went through maybe 1000 candy canes, gingerbreads, lollipops, mentos and a few other lollies. Demand was high. We may not have won either of the lighting comps but those numbers equate to about 1% of Bendigo being fed last night.

Jay.S

Full time elf
In my town success equates to 4.5 walk-ups and a few dozen cars. We crushed it! Highlight of the evening, the president of the village association (the person ultimately responsible for us winning the lights comp.) showing up well on her way to being boofy-blitz, wine in hand :)

scamper

Dedicated elf
Well after all the worry about what I have or haven't done for the show this year. It makes not one bit of difference as we have had over 100 people stop and come in over the last 2 nights alone. And i have not got 1 single complaint :thumbsup:
And actually got a gift off a happy family.... A Zucchini :confused:

In our town that equates to around 1.5%

Attachments

• Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    2 MB · Views: 9