2018 Behind the Scenes

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Nice Video Dan,

I like your comment "Room for future expansion" when discussing your large power supply enclosure. :)

13:53 minute mark has a special guest appearance I see :thumbsup: doo doo doo do do do do

I like the drone footage at the end, gives a nice overall look of everything.

Again nice video with lots of great details and specs of the props you use.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Well done dan.. that realy gives an eye opener on how a professional display should be setup.
Loved the big beefy power box

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Nice Video Dan,

I like your comment "Room for future expansion" when discussing your large power supply enclosure. :)

13:53 minute mark has a special guest appearance I see :thumbsup: doo doo doo do do do do

I like the drone footage at the end, gives a nice overall look of everything.

Again nice video with lots of great details and specs of the props you use.
George was in there just for you... Proof of life... I hate that song! No more Baby Shark here! :)

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Well done dan.. that realy gives an eye opener on how a professional display should be setup.
Loved the big beefy power box
Dont know if I would consider myself professional lol But thanks Alec! I try to plan for the future and not cut corners but this is still DIY ;)

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Impressive! I get tired just thinking about putting all that up and taking it down each year.
Thanks. Yeah.. I'm tired and I only have the mini trees down... Comes down easier than it goes up! Its like a game of Tetris fitting this all in my garage

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
I can't get over the gauge/thickness of the cable coming out of the power supplies in the power supply enclosure "built for expansion". I'd love to see a watt(and ampere) meter connected to see it fluctuate during the show.
Great display!

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I can't get over the gauge/thickness of the cable coming out of the power supplies in the power supply enclosure "built for expansion". I'd love to see a watt(and ampere) meter connected to see it fluctuate during the show.
Great display!
Those power supplies are severely underloaded. No more than 300a on white 100% intensity. I run at 40% or less on everything. I've got the cables on hand if anything fails I can power from those PSU's and get by. I have spares for my spares and plan for the worst :)