Event date
Saturday, Jun 16, 2018 Monday, Jun 17, 2019
Registration deadline
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
T Tonyf1949 1
SLIMaxPower SLIMaxPower 1
Matthew Thompson Matthew Thompson 2 Spoiler content hidden.
ElSalZi ElSalZi 2 Spoiler content hidden.
richardd richardd 1
BigKev BigKev 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Steve22537 Steve22537 1

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
I work IT and have access to zoom with cloud recording, laptop, webcam on a tripod and USB mic/speacking if you think it would be of use, I would just need wifi

That's great, thank you. Any help to setup and organise this mini would be fantastic. I have a screen, projector and speakers. Wifi is not a problem, connected to NBN.

BigKev

New elf
Hi Gareth

Just registered for your mini and am happy to contribute to cost as suggested.

As a brand newbie there's probably not much I can contribute other than plenty of "stupid" questions. Notwithstanding, happy to help with menial tasks (you know, things like move chairs, pick nose, etc.) so just let me know if there's anything I can assist with.

Regards
Kevin

Steve22537

Full time elf
Happy to bring along some ideas and plenty of support. Can show off some wire frame stuff, controller box, etc. Will happily mock anyone with stupid questions.
My background is electronics and IT.

See you there
Steve

Matthew Thompson

Santa's Little Helpers
Not sure if anyone is keen but i have built my own Coro singing face and happy for someone to use in the discussion about wiring and use with xLights etc. Still need to complete the wiring and test with controller but should have that done over Easter.

Attachments

• Singing face template.jpg
    Singing face template.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Singing face wiring.jpg
    Singing face wiring.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 7

ElSalZi

Full time elf
Some have asked about B&B, sorry I have very little knowledge. Perhaps I could suggest Airbnb or try a web search around the Landsdale area. Most hotels are closer to the CBD.

My wife has kindly offered to put on lunch, snacks, drinks etc. In order I can cover the cost of this does anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking perhaps $10 per head/day to cover. If anybody has any specific dietary requirements then please PM me, we are mostly a gluten free family so that is not a problem.
Happy to support this kind offer, gluten free is good for me (I try to be bread/pasta/rice free, but I'll eat just about anything - yes, I'm seeing a doctor about that! :laugh:)

Was originally going to drive, but that won't work time wise. worst case scenario we will have to link in via zoom or Skype... but would be much happier to be there in person!

Last edited:

Ɠαяєтн

I am starting to get some door prizes in for the Perth Mini, come along and pay $20 towards your food and i'll give you a raffle ticket. You never know, you are likely to win something very nice.

ElSalZi

Full time elf
Gareth,
Sally and I need to pull out of the visit due to a sudden family issue that required travel... Have only just returned and Sally won't be back until some time after middle of July. My sincerest apology - please let me know if you have already incurred costs for us an I will happily reimburse you!

If we have any Western Australian members joining the mini via zoom because of travel restrictions please let me know.
I would, however like to join you thru Zoom.

It is such a shame as we were very much looking forward to this.

Ɠαяєтн

Gareth,
Sally and I need to pull out of the visit due to a sudden family issue that required travel... Have only just returned and Sally won't be back until some time after middle of July. My sincerest apology - please let me know if you have already incurred costs for us an I will happily reimburse you!

I would, however like to join you thru Zoom.

It is such a shame as we were very much looking forward to this.
Hi El & Sal,

That is a shame but family comes first, I really understand. You don't owe me anything but I have sent you a PM for some nice things!. The link for zoom is on the wiki page for the Perth Mini.
Regards,
Gareth

Ɠαяєтн

I am starting to get some door prizes in for the Perth Mini, come along and pay $20 towards your food and i'll give you a raffle ticket. You never know, you are likely to win something very nice.

Some very Exciting News on Prizes!!
Yes, i have a F16v3 to give away by a very kind donation from Darylc and PixelController.com, also many other special things from our kind sponsors.

Door & raffle prizes available with thanks to our generous sponsors such Darylc and PixelController.com, xTreme Sequences, Pixel Pro Display, Hanson Electronics, Smart Alec Lights, Boscoyo Studio, Ray Wu and more to come!!!

This weekend is for you, you need to be part of it to win. For WA members who have restrictions for travel please join us on zoom. This offer is for WA members only who join us on Zoom, $20 will enter you into the prize draw and hopefully cover the cost of postage. Please post reply if you are intending to join.