Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
CrazyCatLady CrazyCatLady 2
Ralphyf1 Ralphyf1 1
darylc darylc 1 Spoiler content hidden.
D deblen 1
Karob Karob 1
adski adski 1
Lishfish Lishfish 2 Spoiler content hidden.
W WesternLights 1
T-roy T-roy 2
thecrazylightlady thecrazylightlady 2
ryanschristmaslights ryanschristmaslights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
K Kimbo3000 2
C christophe 1
M Maccas23 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Thomas John Tuxford Thomas John Tuxford 1 Spoiler content hidden.
samber samber 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Merry McSnowballs Merry McSnowballs 1

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
Hi All,

Its now to be locked in - The Adelaide Social mini- will be help on:
Saturday June 15th from 9am to about 4.30pm
It will be held at the school in Cumberland Park, Adelaide as per last year.
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.

Cost: $10 pp (to cover food & drink)

The tentative agenda will include;
  • Coffee time
  • How to 3D or not to 3D in Xlights
  • Drones for photography , rules, regulations, examples - this will include a practical demonstration of a current technology drone
  • More coffee time
  • Show and Tell - New creations or ideas from attendees ( and others!)
  • What makes a good show - interactive discussion with samples
  • Newbies time - time to ask anything and everything
  • More coffee time
  • Prop design ideas and rooftop elements
  • Controller and software (eg Vixen and Xlights) current developments
  • Open mike - time to chat about anything and everything.

The emphasis on the day will be "social interaction" , so social discussions will take precedence over formal presentations if time becomes an issue.

So tasks from here; Can I have volunteers to;
  1. Formally book the school for the Saturday and
  2. Find out if there is a time on Saturday where there is no school sports so we can fly a drone
  3. Book the Adelaide social min on the Xlights calendar of events
  4. Arrange the coffee and lunch!
  5. Do a short presentation on a topic from above or one of your own choosing
  6. If possible submit to me a video of one of your shows songs or sequences
  7. As soon as possible confirm attendance
  8. Donate a prize so Daryl can run his excellent random prize draw!
  9. Think of all the things I have missed and let me know!

Ok Thanks people's We are of and running, lets all get together and have a really good chinwag!

cheers, ralphy

On the Sunday you are welcome back to my place for a casual BBque if you are around the place. UPDATE 2 June 2019 for Sunday:
We have been installing a new kitchen [...] sadly I will have to postpone the Sunday barbecue till later in the year

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyCatLady

New elf
The venue has been booked and School sport finishes by midday on the Saturday.
I'm happy to organise snacks, lunch and coffee/drinks on the day :thumbsup:

Kimbo3000

Apprentice elf
Hey.. It'll be good to catch up with everyone as I've been out of scene for a few months..

I can supply donations for the door prizes for 6 or so people. Let me know if you need more info.

I can provide a short presentation on electrical safety, hints and tips/things to think about, if you would like.. also let me know :)

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
hi Kimbo,
I think that a presentation on electrical safety etc would be a great ides. It is an area we all overlook yet it is vital in our shows.
I will slot you in for sometime during the afternoon.
Very kind of you to donate some prizes. They will not go amiss. If you like, just bring them along on the day and Daryl will add them to his famous 'draw', or you can let Daryl know what you have, either works.
cheers and thanks

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
One bit of sad news peoples, We have been installing anew kitchen and the table top makers have been having problems. What should have been installed 3 weeks ago is now still going to be another 3 weeks away!. So more living without a sink or hot plates and everything from the kitchen out under the pergola. . Sadly I will have to postpone the Sunday barbecue till later in the year (yes we will still have one for everyone!). My apologies but without a kitchen it is just to hard.

darylc

404 darylc not found
If anyone has prizes, please pm me a list of those so I can prepare the combined list. Thanks

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
I have put together a possible agenda for the Saturday. If someone wants a particular time-slot for something just let me know

Saturday TOPIC PRESENTER Time allocated
9am Introductions Attendees 30min
09.30 What makes a show - discussion with attendee videos Ralph / Attendees 30 min
10.00 How to 3D or not to 3D in Xlights ? 30 min
10.30 Morning tea
10.45 Christmas Lights, Falcons, Xlights Help, where to start! Newbies 30 min
11.30 Electrical Safety – don’t let the smoke out. Kimbo 60 min
12.30 Lunch
1.30 Intro to the prize draw Daryl 15 min
1.45 Drones rules and applications including demo's Ben Chapman 45 min
2.30 Group drone photo Ben Chapman 15 min
2.45 Newbies time - discuss and ask anything and everything Newbies 75min
4.00 Daryl's Dazzling Draw Daryl 30min

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
One bit of sad news peoples, We have been installing anew kitchen and the table top makers have been having problems. What should have been installed 3 weeks ago is now still going to be another 3 weeks away!. So more living without a sink or hot plates and everything from the kitchen out under the pergola. . Sadly I will have to postpone the Sunday barbecue till later in the year (yes we will still have one for everyone!). My apologies but without a kitchen it is just to hard.
No problem Ralph, the Grinch and I totally understand, we are renovating our bathroom at the moment and our house is in complete disarray, having another get together closer to Christmas will be great xx

CrazyCatLady

New elf
Cost and parking arrangements for next Saturday
There will be a $10 charge per person to cover snacks, lunch and drinks on the day. Please pay when you arrive, in exchange for a raffle ticket.
School sports occur on the school grounds on Saturday morning, so parking can be difficult. We have permission to have up to 10 cars to park closer to the venue (as per last year). To access this area, please enter the school via Cross Rd, through the big front gates. Drive through the grounds following the purple arrows below. Alternatively, park in the shopping centre carpark on the corner of Goodwood Rd and Cross Rd and walk over (about 300m).
BcD6XWS.jpg

cQKM44Q.jpg

Kimbo3000

Apprentice elf
Hey all.. only 2 more sleeps to go.. lol

We are thinking about using some pixel floods this year in our display, so if anyone has some, it would be fantastic if you could bring them along to look at. These are the ones I was looking at on Rays site:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3W-...852.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.40032e0erbUqx5
or
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ml?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.8.60995c7eisRK6z

I've got 1 of AAH new-ish HE123 pixel controllers that I will bring in case some people havent seen them yet.

Thanks
Kimbo