2019 theme 'high school musical'

Aaaron Loveday

New elf
So after much debate with my soon to be 7yr old, she has decided to theme this year xmas light display as 'high school musical'. Any idea on designs, props and or songs a very welcomed. Flash back to the early 2000's and hit me with your wicked ideas......

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Get a new child?
Fortunately I haven't seen any of these movies for a fair few years now. My daughter still watches it occasionally sadly. I can't think of anything that would tie in between High School Musical and a Christmas display. Pools, basketball and teenagers dancing don't lend themselves to Christmas. None of the songs even lend themselves to Christmas. The best thing that I can think of is that the bouncing balls effect in Xlights does lend itself to basketball. Good luck.

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Not sure Aaron, but I like your idea of having a specific design/ theme for your display this year. Are you looking at using it the theme for each night or only for a specific nights and still including some typical Christmas themed sequences like “Baby Shark” :)

Aaaron Loveday

New elf
I like to build and design things.. was thinking of incorporating a basketball hoop that lights up and the main dude from the song, with three different heights of his life size picture I. E on the ground, mid air and slam dunking the hop and the words 'high school musical' that light up on the roof.. Incorporated into my existing design... And using my small matrix box which I built with pixel as the basketball score monitor... Thoughts? I'll also play tridtional Xmas songs

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Sounds like some cool props to build
Have you considered maybe using a projector and screen as part of your layout to use some of the video from the movies etc to help get the high school musical theme across.

I used one in my Halloween display last year and most people thought it was cool
Here is a video on INXS devil inside and you can see the video used.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP0SbcCX4oI&t=134s

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Cool idea to have a theme. Tough theme to have though. Would it be for the whole show, or just a segment every on the half hour?