240v power sockets for inside enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdjazman

Full time elf
Few things people are suggesting too;

Have some sort of cable strain relief for the cord coming into the box. Like a Pg8 wire gland or something.
Means if you accidentally pull the cord it will not pull the connections inside and also saves the metal box piecing the wires coating.

Yes was planning to put gland on side of enclosure for the power lead to sit.

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
Just commenting outside of the box, but if you want ease of replacement for the psu's it may be better to look at something in the way of changing the mounting of them to something such as din rail and din clips. It will allow easy termination access by simply clipping.

Also, without making me look like too much of a bigger dick than normal. Please Earth your enclosure and secure the AC incomer with either a gland or with strong cable ties and protection on the cable entry. Just doing my duty of care.

cdjazman

Full time elf
Just commenting outside of the box, but if you want ease of replacement for the psu's it may be better to look at something in the way of changing the mounting of them to something such as din rail and din clips. It will allow easy termination access by simply clipping.

Also, without making me look like too much of a bigger dick than normal. Please Earth your enclosure and secure the AC incomer with either a gland or with strong cable ties and protection on the cable entry. Just doing my duty of care.

Yes planned the gland for the AC incomer. Will do on the earthing.

cdjazman

Full time elf
Also have plenty of rack cables lying around the warehouse.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20200421_144954.jpg
    20200421_144954.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 13

darylc

404 darylc not found
ACL is not the place for advice on how to do 230v/mains wiring. Mains wiring should be done by a qualified electrician. This thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.