2801 pixels stay on with E681

cscool36

Full time elf
Hi All,
Having some small issue with 2801 pixels staying on before and after a sequence. Using vixen 2.1
There are about 15 pixels on all in white. One string has 5 in a row on.
I have also tried to reset by turning off power supply and also using the reset button on the E681.

Can anyone Help?

Thanks

Colin

G

GoofyGuy

I have a few too, these are damaged pixels. If they come on with power, nothing to do with the sequence you have a busted pixel. Im replacing all the 2801's with 2811's. My matrix is falling apart quickly

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
it is really is unfortunate that the E68x controllers dont have the ability like the J1SYS controllers to be able to adjust the speed as it may be just that.

For example last night for unknown reasons I had a strip start to freeze during the sequence and the only way to get it working was to reset the P12R, but it would then freeze again very quickly. While the show was running I was able to connect to the P12R and adjust the speed of that output for that strip and now it hasnt missed a beat. So I do wonder how many issues are created by timing and the lack of ability to change the timing using a E68x controller.

Streetrodder

New elf
Ok, Eddy can you send me a message or link explaining how to adjust the timing, I have had my P12R freeze up several times and I wasn't sure how to fix that.

I'm guessing it's in the string configuration but what numbers would you recommend? I am trying to figure out if going up or down is better, I know up should help it refresh faster but if it's too high will it be too much data and freeze it up, other than it freezing it has been great!!!!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Streetrodder said:
Ok, Eddy can you send me a message or link explaining how to adjust the timing, I have had my P12R freeze up several times and I wasn't sure how to fix that.

I'm guessing it's in the string configuration but what numbers would you recommend? I am trying to figure out if going up or down is better, I know up should help it refresh faster but if it's too high will it be too much data and freeze it up, other than it freezing it has been great!!!!

Go down in speed if you are seeing freezing. When i increased the speed the locking up increased. The 2811 can run anywhere between 1200 to 3500 and depends on some factors, the main one being the cable length. The longer the cable the slower the speed should be. The best way is to make large adjustments of 500 first then fine tune by steps of 100. If the cable length is too long for the distance required you will then need to add a dummy pixel in the line to regenerate the signal

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
cscool36 said:
Hi All,
Having some small issue with 2801 pixels staying on before and after a sequence. Using vixen 2.1
There are about 15 pixels on all in white. One string has 5 in a row on.
I have also tried to reset by turning off power supply and also using the reset button on the E681.

Can anyone Help?

Thanks

Colin

What is the distance from the controller to the first pixel.

What type of pixels do you have that are having the issues, IP68 resin filled or IP65, a link would help maybe for this.

cscool36

Full time elf
The distance is 2 meters. ws2801 from Ray.
I have waterproof the back of pixels with resin, between the wires.
These pixels are on (white) when the power is on and when the sequence is playing some are changing colour but it is not the correct colour.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ok so these are not the solid resin filled type, check to see if you can see discolouring on the actual LED pins going into the board as you may be getting in moisture through the front of the pixel