2801DC and rasberry pi?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The latest version (v0.3.0) of the FPP Falcon Pi Player has the ability to output up to 1 universe of 2801 pixels directly off the expansion header. As my 2801DC15 and 2801DC30 boards are essentially 2801 pixels that give DC dimmer outputs I have been wondering over the last few days whether anyone has actually hooked 1 up successfully. If they have and can supply info here I will add info to the user manuals, the ACL wiki and my website.
Other than the limited distance that you can separate pixel controllers and individual pixels I reckon a PI and some 2801DC boards can make a very easy way to control dumb elements. With the ability to daisy chain Pi's you can do all sorts of good things.

Attachments

• pi diagram.png
    pi diagram.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 37

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Have managed to get it going on mine tonight with one of Dave's APC748 2801toDC boards.
I have the board in as the first pixel then it was followed by a string of 18 pixel modules.
connected as follows and all works great.

hardware_ws2801_connection%20%28Small%29.png

cscool36

Full time elf
Hi Superman,
Do you have any screen shots of the setting in the raspberry Pi, or any other information to help me.
Thanks
Colin

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
cscool36 said:
Hi Superman,
Do you have any screen shots of the setting in the raspberry Pi, or any other information to help me.
Thanks
Colin

Setting up the Pi was pretty easy:
Once you have accessed the UI via the Pi's IP address go to the input/Output dropdown Tab and

select the "Channel Output" option.

Select the "other" tab.

Select "ADD"

Check "ACT" box

Select "SPI-WS2801" from Type box

Enter Start channel for the Pixel based on your channels from your Sequencer

Add channel Count.

and your done.

FPP%202801%20%28Small%29.png