2811 and a lt1809 dmx controller

losat

New elf
hello
1st question the 2811 strip i got from ray
are they on white light all the time because my 2 are on all the time
2 nd
when i use the 1809 controller the lights are stucks on white and they do a chase but it is so fast it is crazy plus as it does colors it goes right back to white on so the punch is not there really boring any ideas
i was thinking controller lt-1809 dmx is faulty? how could i test this with out buying a new box ?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Can you give us details on the lt1809 controller as thats a number that I'm not familiar with. A link to where you got it from is probably a good starting point.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AAH said:
Can you give us details on the lt1809 controller as thats a number that I'm not familiar with. A link to where you got it from is probably a good starting point.

I was sent a PM reagrding this but my experience with these controllers is non existant

There is more info in the PM i was sent below

(13:26:36) losat: hello i need help for 2811 strip and a 1809 dmx controller i got from ray here are the specs what i bought LT-DMX-1809(WS2811) DMX Decoder;support WS2811,TM1804,TM1809,TM1812 driving IC:DC5V-24V input
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LT-DMX-1809-WS2811-DMX-Decoder-support-WS2811-TM1804-TM1809-TM1812-driving-IC-DC5V-24V-input/583679340.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5​m-led-digital-strip-DC12V-input-W​S2811IC-256-scale-10pcs-IC-and-30​pcs-5050-SMD-RGB/568458133.html
i all so use a enttec open usb and spi amp from way all so
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LT-125-5CH-SPI-Signal-Amplifier/544094596.html the lights just stay on white color and you can see a chase but it is so fast to fast and i dont know how to take control ,dip switches up ,down always just cycles in a loop like i have no dmx connected any help would be great

angus40

Senior elf
the fun - #10 dip should bet set to 0 for off

#10= on that is to run builtin test patters correct ?

did you get the dip setting for the ws 2811 ?

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Do your have any other way of testing the strip?

When you say they do a chase is it in colour or just white?

How good is the chase?

The reason I ask these questions is because I did have a couple of 2811strips that were faulty and as soon as they were pluged in they came straight on the whole strip was white and I could not control them. I did cut one strip in half and either end still did the same thing all white.

losat

New elf
yes that is exactly what mine do stay white as as it is pluged in and it does a chase with fun switch blue green red yellow all the colors are there but really really fast change and hard to watch cus it is so fast strobe like ,so most likely faulty ,and how is ray wu for replacement? anyone ever deal with him for that ?

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Ray was very good with replacing my faulty strips. I sent him an email and he told me which way he wanted them sent back and he paid for postage as well.

One thing though, my strips that we're faulty did not change colour at all. As yours are changing colour it could be more the controller than the strip.

losat

New elf
here is a update on what is going on with the 2811 strip and lt1809 controller
ray wu sent me free of charge 2 brand new strips to try out and i still could not get them to work
so we talked about this and then i got a hold of ltech there is a office about a hour away from me ,after speaking with a tech there who was some what helpfull I was still confused about why this is not working so i went to china head office ltech and was in contact with a nancy there who is now giving me free two new lt1809 boxes because the one they ship were not working as said with ws2811
[font=]Thank you,we will try to send you two pcs instead,the true is,the old version of LT-DMX-1809 is not compatible with the IC WS2811,it’s fine now.[/font]

[font=]Sorry for all the inconvenience.[/font]
[font=]Best Regards,[/font]
[font=]Ms Nancy[/font]
[font=]
download
[/font]

[font=]so maybe by monday i will have news on if these lt1809 ws2811 controllers are any good [/font]