2811 pixel to dc board/s

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
It uses the 2811 code to control the board which then controls dumb strip, so this is like a DC LOR or DMX controller but instead of using LOR or DMX to control, it uses the 2811 signal instead so then this can be connected in with your 2811 pixel strip and strings

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Testing isn't going as smoothly as I would have liked. At present the signal is being killed by the process of going through the optocoupler that provides isolation. I really want the isolation so I am continuing on with testing to get things working nicely. Paying work, school holidays with the rugrats home and other commitments is slowing things down but I expect that sometime in the next day or so things will be up and working.

Alan

G

GoofyGuy

Im sure everyone will agree, take your time with it. Im ready to start throwing money at you even though I have no DC elements yet. Your hard work will pay off, with my credit card!

AAH

Success finally today. I had to change the input design slightly as the simpler transistor inverter circuit I tried didn't like being driven by an optocoupler. In a few days I will order production boards and I should have them in a couple weeks.

On a side note I will likely develop a pair of 2801 to DC boards. Same style, same sort of specs and same footprints as the 2811DC15 and 2811DC30 boards.

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day Alan, just wondering if there's any news about these boards? It's is my first year and I'm planning to use at least one of these boards if I understand its use correctly.

AAH

I finished the revision of the board off over the weekend and now just need to send off files for pricing. At this stage I should have production boards in my hands in about 2 weeks. I should know late today what the pricing will be.

AAH

The attached manual is the preliminary manual for the 2 2811DC boards. When I have the revised boards the photos will get changed, a few more connection examples added and generally just tidy the manual up and then add it to the wiki. If there are any thoughts as to what needs to go in there then now is the time to let me know.

Attachments

• 2811DC user manual 1.pdf
    699.2 KB · Views: 204

AAH

I'm still waiting on pricing from China for boards but I think that it's looking like $AU35 for the 2811DC15 and $AU55 for the 2811DC30. This is including the 10% GST that overseas peeps don't have to pay.

drakky

Senior elf
well done the user manual is concise and easy to understand and the board prices seem very reasonable thanks Alan I'll be ordering a few far better way to go than the 27ch boards I think think