2811DC15 multiple voltages

Hayden

New elf
I'm looking at controlling some store-bought lights with the 2811DC15 and they are of varying voltages. The manual has a diagram (copied below) that shows a 12V PSU providing power to the +V outputs and a 5V PSU powering lights controlled from one channel. Is it possible to use say 5 or 6 plug-packs of varying voltages with each of the store-bought lights, in the same fashion as the 5V PSU has been connected to channel 1 below?

2011DC15 multiple voltage.png

Last edited:

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
With most DC Controllers that is easily possible. Do you need to know how, or how you supply the board, or what?

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
While it is, I would no do it with plugpacks as they can be a total pest when dimming, to the point they can really heat up with some dimmers and some plugpacks. With the standard PSU's you can often adjust them +/- 10% so you should be able to get close to the voltages you need, and often choosing a PSU thats a few volts low wont really change the brightness a lot

Hayden

New elf
Thanks, I didn't realise the plug packs might have that issue.
The voltages i'm using I think will only be 36V and 30V, so should I buy a proper power supply set for 30V for this to work reliably?
Cheers,
Hayden.

marmalade

cats & pixels
Agree with lithgow, there are some really crappy unregulated rippley plug packs out there but generally the larger ones seem ok. Since I'm posting pics tonight (lol) heres my DC30 running from an espixelstick, multiple voltages for various dumb display elements . A 12V and 30V plugpack and some adjustable 8A switchmode regulators to get the 24V & 3V required by the flashy things it runs.

IMG_3163.JPG