2x Lytworx 1500 LED string - power/controller

KablammoNick

New elf
Hiya,

I have two of these Lytworx 1500 LED strings currently under my carport. At the moment they're running off a z-wave smart plug, into a powerboard, with each 1500 string of its own original 2 wire 31v/12w power supply.

Hoping to at a minimum run both strings off the one power supply, and even better if there's an ESP8266/ESP32 based controller that I can integrate with Home Assistant / ESPHome.

The DMX2-24 seems like massive overkill for this situation...

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
You could have half of each string run off a single DC power supply, yes. You will however need something with an H bridge to swap the polarity if you want them to fully light up. (i.e the DMX2-24 or ws2811dc2-30 are currently your only pre-made controller options) otherwise, you will need to build something yourself.

KablammoNick

New elf
You could have half of each string run off a single DC power supply, yes. You will however need something with an H bridge to swap the polarity if you want them to fully light up. (i.e the DMX2-24 or ws2811dc2-30 are currently your only pre-made controller options) otherwise, you will need to build something yourself.
Sorry, what I meant was can I jam both 1500 LED strings into one of the 12w powersupplies they came with.
Had a quick look at the specs for the 2000 LED string and it's the same wattage.

KablammoNick

New elf
I wouldn't do that, you'll find it gets very very hot.
Noted, thanks. Really just wanted both strings sync'd and not running through the 'demo' routine every time the smart plug turns them back on.

Going down the rabbit hole of a 31v power supply + L298N + ESP8266 - seems like it's already been done in ESPHome so might not be too challenging.

KablammoNick

New elf
Evidently H-Bridge lights are a lot more complex that I'd anticipated.

Anyone done this in ESPHome before?