3D Printed mounting plate for Hanson 2811DC30 controller

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Here is a mounting plate for the Hanson 2811DC30, the 2801DC30 should also fit but i don't have one to physically check however thanks to Alan I have compared the layouts and it should be fine.

These seem to be quite tough with only the locating lugs being somewhat fragile with a little care needed when putting the controller on to the plate.
Unfortunately for the Dc30 units the numbering for the outputs becomes partially hidden but shouldn't be a big deal for most people and nothing a marker won't fix :)

As this is the first in a series, a little explanation is in order.
I bought a Flashforge Creator Pro at the beginning of this year for a big project for the display. Once i got used to designing things I decided that some basic controller mounting plates would be of use both for ease of use mounting in boxes and for having controllers sitting on workbenches to protect against possible short circuits from underneath.

The first one was for the ECG-P2 and then I got a couple of 2811DC30's from AAH and decided to do the plates for them.

I have attached the 3D print STL file so anyone with a 3D printer could print their own, this is for non-profit use. I ask that if you design a variation or improved version that you add it to this thread for everyone's benefit.
Recommended Slicing Parameters.
Layer height 0.2mm
Infill 10%
Print speed 40 to 60 mm/sec

Some photos:
The mounting plate in close up.
_EM20905.jpg

Side by side with controller mounted
_EM20907.jpg

and a view showing the support posts
_EM20910.jpg

Attachments

• hansondc30.zip
    92.7 KB · Views: 7

B_P_J

Full time elf
I do like.... so will you sell any of these? (for those without a 3D printer) I would like one for the 2801DC30 and when I eventually get one also for the P12s you showed me last night in chat...

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Ok guys, still working my way through various mounting plate design but hope to be able to print spares up over the next few months. We should have some at the Sydney and Brisbane minis at least

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AussiePhil said:
Ok guys, still working my way through various mounting plate design but hope to be able to print spares up over the next few months. We should have some at the Sydney and Brisbane minis at least

Any chance at sending me the file so i can make 1 at the Sydney mini as a demo

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Hey Eddy,

The design (STL file) is attached in post 1 for this design.

Other posts during the week with other designs now they largely finalised

:)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AussiePhil said:
Hey Eddy,

The design (STL file) is attached in post 1 for this design.

Other posts during the week with other designs now they largely finalised

:)

Ill give it a go either tonight or tomorrow depending on what time i finish work