3D Printer

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The issue with the curling ends would be the fact that you dont have an enclosure for the Printer and in winter and printing ABS with an open printer then this is to be expected. Try putting the printer in an area where there are no drafts or make up an enclosure to stop the drafts.
You do pay for what you get and there is a reason it is cheap but the price point makes it much more affordable for those on tight budgets to get into 3D printing. I think with the cheaper printers the setup is more critical, but that just takes some practice.

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
Ok AndrewA, how about an update??
How have things progressed? Are you still happy with quality of printer and prints?
Inquiring minds want to know...
;)

andrewa

Full time elf
replaced printer heat bed with a Mk II bed, and a sheet of borosillicate glass. I have now printed 700 pixel clips out of the 1000 I need for my drive way arches.
pixel_clip_25mm_nb_gal_pipe_to_12mm_bullet_pixel_cable_notch.png

Overall very happy with the results. Fraction of the price of commercial, suits my needs. Would be better with a self leveling bed ect, but as they say you get what you paid for.

Overall Still happy with it

DrNeutron

Glad to hear it and appreciate the feedback......can't wait for Santa to bring me one... :D

DrNeutron

Finally ordered my SunHokey Prusa i3....
Daughter and I are over the moon waiting for this to arrive and I already have 3 upgrades lined up for it :D
In case anyone is interested there is a FB group setup for this printer and they are very active.

DrNeutron

Time for an update on this older thread....
I have my cheap Sunhokey dialed in for the most part and decided to do a quick print or 4 tonight.... :)
Here is a print with the crappy Sunhokey PLA (the black was a bit of a bear and took a lot of tweaking but the white worked almost out of the box.
shrunk2.jpg
My wife told me on Valentine's that I was her Owl (owl's mate for life), so I printed out a set. I am the one wearing a top hat. :D
All of a sudden she forgot how much I spent on the printer........Imagine that!
Just ordered a new hot end (E3dv6) and some bearing for an x-carriage rework. ;)