50 pixel string up - 50 pixel string down, how to set it up in software?

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Hey all,

I know I have seen this discussed, but I'm not coming up with any good results with my searches (tried "p12R reverse", "up and down", "megatree sequencing" amongst others). Basically, I have two pixels strings connected together, one goes up to the top of a tree (in this case, a palm tree in my yard) and the second comes back down. I have 3-4 pairs like this. I am using a P12R and I am looking to set this up in S3 for right now, just temporarily until I get the money to buy LSP Pro. I know in the P12R setup you can reverse the pixel order on a particular output using the effects tab in the setup. In this case, though, I want the one string in the normal order and the one starting at the top in reverse order, right?

Am I not thinking this through correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

prof

Apprentice elf
You need to have two active entries per string created in the effects config screen. The first entry is for the first 50 pixels (normal direction), then the second entry is for the next 50 pixels which will have reverse ticked. (50 pixels per half string is assumed for the example) I have the PIX-AD8 ant this manual shows some examples of different string configs.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Thanks Prof. The only manual I have for the P12R is Eddy's manual. I was looking for a specific example somewhere between pages 23 and 28 in that manual, but his megatree example seems to be for a 12 string 50 pixel per string megatree (no up and down). I will review the PIX-AD8 manual and see how similar the setup is. It probably is pretty similar. Thanks for the head's up!

jediknight2

Full time elf
If your doing effects in Nutcracker...I believe its setting will take into account how your strings run. Which would make it easy on you.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
I just read through page 14 of the PIX-AD8 manual and that looks exactly like what I need. Thanks again Prof. The setup/configuration for the P12R looks identical.