5v WS2811 deals

Cee DeLights

New elf
Hi guys,
Most people buy from Ray Wu.
But I've bought a few from an Ebay store called Colortop9 and they are priced at $11.88 (cheaper if you buy more) and theres Free shipping.
It took around 2-3 weeks to arrive.

Quality seems good and I haven't had issues with dodgy pixels or connectors so far.

upload_2019-1-14_14-55-34.png

scamper

Dedicated elf
I have often bought different ones through ali express. Last lot I paid about $10 for 50 with free shipping via dhl. They also were pretty good.
The ones I bought from Ray do have better quality mainly in the wiring I have noticed. but to me no biggy

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Thanks for sharing

One reason I have continued to purchase pixels from Ray Wu is his ability to make up custom count and custom spacing and also custom lengths between the connector and first or last pixels to suit my layout and props.

For example I ordered 8 x 48 count pixel strings to suit the 8 x Boscoyo Chromaflakes and this saved me a heap of time not having to cut and shut the standard length strings etc to suit these props.

Also Ray Wu (or other direct suppliers) come with the waterproof pigtail connectors if requested.

I also requested custom 2000mm input lead lengths for the pixel strings I used for our Megatree, this enabled me to connect the pixels strings directly to the pigtail outputs from my pixel controller located at the base of the Megatree and this saved me having to use short extension leads.

So I suppose its a bit of balancing act, yes cheaper pixels which may require a bit of time to make up to your desired length / count and also fitting waterproof connectors vs purchasing custom made strings to suit your props and thus saving a considerable amount of time (well for me it was a time saver).

This just my thoughts and thanks again for sharing the link.

Cee DeLights

New elf
Thanks for sharing

One reason I have continued to purchase pixels from Ray Wu is his ability to make up custom count and custom spacing and also custom lengths between the connector and first or last pixels to suit my layout and props.

For example I ordered 8 x 48 count pixel strings to suit the 8 x Boscoyo Chromaflakes and this saved me a heap of time not having to cut and shut the standard length strings etc to suit these props.

Also Ray Wu (or other direct suppliers) come with the waterproof pigtail connectors if requested.

I also requested custom 2000mm input lead lengths for the pixel strings I used for our Megatree, this enabled me to connect the pixels strings directly to the pigtail outputs from my pixel controller located at the base of the Megatree and this saved me having to use short extension leads.

So I suppose its a bit of balancing act, yes cheaper pixels which may require a bit of time to make up to your desired length / count and also fitting waterproof connectors vs purchasing custom made strings to suit your props and thus saving a considerable amount of time (well for me it was a time saver).

This just my thoughts and thanks again for sharing the link.

Thanks for the info Lawrence,
Good to know Ray can build up custom strings. Will definitely look it up once I get further along in my builds and experience :)
Much appreciated.

deanneat

New elf
Hey Chris - thanks for sharing, have ordered some from Colortop9 - the strings (slowly getting stuff) I have also ordered from Ray (custom) - for the matrix and planning to be part of the group buy for the falcon controller.

Getting there........

Cee DeLights

New elf
Hey Chris - thanks for sharing, have ordered some from Colortop9 - the strings (slowly getting stuff) I have also ordered from Ray (custom) - for the matrix and planning to be part of the group buy for the falcon controller.

Getting there........[/QUOT

Getting there........

Great to hear Dean,
Yeah, I'm slowly collecting pixel strings aswell. But I'm only looking at a couple of dozen strings for now so I can get my head around the setup of it all.
I am interested in the Falcon controllers and may join the bulk buy aswell.
Thanks, Chris.

Cee DeLights

New elf
I have :) - asking for the F48 and some receiver boards

I actually am also contemplating the F48 + receiver boards myself.
I like the idea of just running ethernet cables out to the receiver boards, then having the pixel cables closer to the props.
But still researching and learning :)

andma

New elf
So i got offered ws2811 for us$0.07 per node on aliexpress so 100 strings of 50 cost aud$600 delivered. Worth it or was of time???? If i order 10000 theyre us$0.068

darrenr

Apprentice elf
So i got offered ws2811 for us$0.07 per node on aliexpress so 100 strings of 50 cost aud$600 delivered. Worth it or was of time???? If i order 10000 theyre us$0.068
@andma can you let me know who offered you this price? Ray just offered me directly 11c which is just his current promotion on Aliexpress, not accepting that! :(