$8.14 Eight output Pixel Contoller.

multicast

Senior elf
AAH said:
http://au.element14.com/element14/bbone-black-4g/beaglebone-black-rev-c-cortex-a8/dp/2422228 . 2 months off being in stock and $64 from element 14. $US45 isn't too different from $AU64.

Do not apply voltage to any I/O pin when power is not supplied to the board. it will damage the processor.

^^^ Just noticed that while reading the specs. As long as the clock and data lines coming out of the board don't get swapped with the +12 or +5 you shouldn't ever put some power back into the board.

Having said that, its much more robust that the PI. I've given a couple of my BBB's a bit of hell and they survived. However, the main reason for the cape is actually to buffer the uP GPIO. Worst case you'll blow up the buffer IC. I've actually hooked up pixels directly, and it works, but (a) its only 3.3v logic which makes it marginal for many pixel types, and (b) you need a bit more drive current that the GPIO will supply nicely..

multicast

Senior elf
benzor84 said:
hi mate i will also take one of these boards if you do end up selling them.
I alredy have a beagle bone black waiting.

The boards design is finished, some prototypes will get made next week. I'll probably have about 10 boards out of that. I'll make up a few and make sure its all good, then flick some around to some of the "keen" folks who can act as early adoptors. Theres latent interest for several hundred boards now, so certainly will do this.

kane

Dedicated elf
Qiang Fu Kiwi said:
Digikey or Mouser. $45 US.. Just have to watch out for shipping.. If you get a few people together you can share a $30 flat rate.
Have put in an order at element14 - just need to wait until they get them back in stock.. You can't have too many toys

kane

Dedicated elf
Qiang Fu Kiwi said:
The boards design is finished, some prototypes will get made next week. I'll probably have about 10 boards out of that. I'll make up a few and make sure its all good, then flick some around to some of the "keen" folks who can act as early adoptors. Theres latent interest for several hundred boards now, so certainly will do this.

My BB arrived today (finally), any update on the capes?

Cheers

Kane

multicast

Senior elf
Yes, i've got some of the PCB's now, and i just need a spare day to solder some up.

theres been some good development work in the OLA project as well, so adding more pixel 'personalities' is looking good.

kane

Dedicated elf
Qiang Fu Kiwi said:
Yes, i've got some of the PCB's now, and i just need a spare day to solder some up.

theres been some good development work in the OLA project as well, so adding more pixel 'personalities' is looking good.
Nice - let us know when/if we're able to grab one

battle79

Full time elf
Definitely interested in a couple boards,

I came into hobby too late to solder up own controllers so this sounds interesting as a project and useful afterwards for show.

Regards,
Rowan