A big HELLO and a BIGGER THANK-YOU!

sfleck

New elf
Hello fellow blinky freaks :)

I've been trolling around the forum and tossing a few back in the chat room ... and realized i haven't introduced myself in the "New Members Lounge"

i'm steve, and i am Canadian
... and i'm wading in the deep muddy of the blinky forest ... and i've learned SO much in the last couple weeks that almost don't feel like an old dog anymore. In fact, i feel like a Christmas puppy on a new leash :D

thank-you for allowing me in your home.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Welcome Steve,

This forum is bound to flood you with more information about stuff you didn't know that you needed to know.......

Have a great new years
Doug

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome56.gif

Bird

LOR user
From Cincinnati
Welcome.gif

to ACL Steve
and we won't hold your northern location against you :D :D

Ask lots of questions before you buy a lot.
Many folks here have been there - done that, and willing to share their leanings.

sfleck

New elf
thanks for the warm welcome.
(pun intended for Christmas Aussies and Kiwis)

i would like to add that i have never been south of the equator. although i have pretty much circumvented the northern one. the fact is, i livesmack dab on the 45th parallel - give or take - depending where i am when i walk my dog. that would be exactly half way from the equator and Santas workshop.

so i have not seen the southern sky. i have never seen a southern star. and i know i would not recognize a thing looking up at night into the pixels that define and give you confidence where you are is where you belong. if i were sailing by them i would need a guide.

i guess that is what has drawn me to this forum to discover all about new lights and building new constellations.