A big Hello from Munich, Germany

OG-Munich

New elf
My interest in light shows started with some youtube videos from USA.
So, one day in october (3 years ago) I decided to start that hobby and build some objects. Because I live in an appartment, I have no garden or place to place the light show. I decided to concept it as completely mobile and started with a pixel tree with 32 stripes with 150 pixels each. According to the location I use them as a half tree (180°), but i could use them as full (360°) and even expand to 64 stripes. In a german forum where I wrote my plans the considdered me as crazy with such ambitions starting in october. ;-) I ordered controllers from Advatek and decided to use the xLights software. Up to now I did not regret the choice. Then I created some other objects and tried and single tested everything indoor. The big jump into cold water was on December 18th , building it up in the garden of a buddy in the morning with the show and party in the evening, and disassembling / taking down everything in the night. That was horror work and I saw that improvements are necessary. But I had no time, because my sister in law wanted to have the show in their garden on Dec 22nd.

That were my first experiences - successful but with several problems.

So, that is it from a german crazy guy. 😁xD

Greetings

Here from my first experiences xmas light show at my buddy:
Drummer Boy
Wonderful Dream

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Welcome to AusChristmasLighting forum @OG-Munich .

Don't worry, we are all crazy here. :p

I will be trying a portable light show next year as well. I have been asked to do lighting for a party.
Biggest issue everyone faces with lightshow is where to store everything afterwards! I can imagine you have limited space in an apartment.

OG-Munich

New elf
Well I have a big office and I use one room completely for that but it is full now xD😳Yeah, I plan to commercially do light shows for events, wedding, parties aso.
So I want to buy a big trailer .
There always is the cable issue when you are mobile. During corona lockdown I even created a indoor (in my office) corona light show. xDxDxD completely crazy to invest so much work in that, but I won experience and ideas.

Last edited:

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Those are absolutely stunning props. The Eiffel tower is amazing. Well done!
Lockdown boredom certainly helped you with bringing your ideas to life.