a cheap mega tree

mborg10

Michael Borg
Looking good mate. Having all the pixels neat makes all the difference. Great ideas. Look forward to seeing the videos at Christmas

pagrosse

New elf
Love the idea of a trampoline. I ended up using PVC pipe and zip ties to old the end down.

Now regarding the topper, I used a 10" skillet and drilled 16 holes and put bolts in it :)

Not the cleanest but worked great!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441152722.214790.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441152722.214790.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 155

scamper

Dedicated elf
I love this hobby... We scrimp and save and use second hand junk from anywhere we can find to put together a prop...
Then add $1000 worth of lights to it.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
scamper said:
I love this hobby... We scrimp and save and use second hand junk from anywhere we can find to put together a prop...
Then add $1000 worth of lights to it.
thats the way to affords $1000s of dollars worth of lights lol

gerry

Senior elf
Thanks for posting these Adam.

Am doing something similar - this is the last thing to complete build for.

I think I am going to use a hubcab as the tree topper and drill holes into it for the springs.

I got a 9 foot round trampoline , but I think that's too big , but worst case will have to do if I cant get a smaller one - measured and 6 feet is about what I need.

Am using an extendible pool cleaner pole into a hole in the ground to adjust the height which is just over 3 m.
Not sure if I will use this material as the final outcome, but it will at least do for now. The tree is 32 * 25 strings.
When u folded back the black strips over the metal triangular thing for the lights (I have the same bulk buy) , did u use zipties into the hole for the folded part ?

scamper

Dedicated elf
gerry said:
Am using an extendible pool cleaner pole into a hole in the ground to adjust the height which is just over 3 m.
Not sure if I will use this material as the final outcome, but it will at least do for now. The tree is 32 * 25 strings.
When u folded back the black strips over the metal triangular thing for the lights (I have the same bulk buy) , did u use zipties into the hole for the folded part ?

I am not sure what quality that pole is, but most I have seen are fairly light weight aluminium. I would be wary on the height you go with that as once you put these altogether they get very heavy.

gerry

Senior elf
Thanks Scamper. I did not think of the weight. I think I wil change it , once I have everything sorted out and know the dimensions exactly. The advantage of that pole , now, is that it can be adjusted up and down , till I get it exactly right.

Verb75

Apprentice elf
nice work.
I too used an old trampoline, but it was a square one so I only used the frame and cut bits off as required.
the frame was designed to pull apart so the ends would slip inside the next section which made it ideal to use for the pole and topper as it could all slip together and then pull apart for storage.

You my friend are a genius! I had taken apart the kids tramp last week and hadn't made it to the tip yet...I just collected all the straight frame ends, and just like you said, the slide nice and easy. Makes a GREAT pole! Next year here I come!! Thank you!