A Corrugated corruption conundrum

mborg10

Michael Borg
my stars are just connected directly to each other without any cable, but the cable going the candy canes was about 4m. It was such a frustrating day and I had finished but my wife said the nights not over yet. I shortened the cable to 3m with a pixel prob 1m from the star and BOOM (in a good way) all my candy canes work. I guess the pixels used in these stars don't send the data signal very far. Ill solder the cable up tomorrow but tonight is a success. I can sleep easy

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Glad to hear you got it to work. I can get 6m between elements down on the ground but on the roof, less than a meter. But I'm presuming it's because of the metal roof ( not sure what your roof is) but maybe it's something to do with the stars. Will try getting the connecting cable from star to strip lifted a little off the metal by some conduit and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise it's back to the rearrangement board.

Boof63

Senior elf
Try some pwr injection between last star and next strip, ahd similar problems last year (and this year) and adding pwr fixed it, (will laos try speed down to 1000 on a troublesome setup and see if that works)
cheers and thanks Boof63

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Thanks Boof, I'll give those ideas a go. I have power going in the beginning of the stars and the end of the strip so I'll try injecting power in the middle. I had played with increasing the speed but not decreasing to 1000 so will try that also. I think my original thought about the roof metal interfering is wrong as the problem doesn't occur between each star but does with a strip directly connected to the last star with very little cord in between.
Cheers