A friendly welcome

Boo67

New elf
hi all,
i'm just getting interested in the digital lighting as i now have a secong baby on the way and would like to surprise them each Xmas with something new :)
if anyone would like to comment on how to get started in this, please feel free as any advise will always help.
merry X-mas to all :D

Slite

Full time elf
Hello! And Welcome to ACL!

Best way to start is really to download and read "The Manual", it really does contain everything someone looking into setting up their first display need to know.

As for other advise... Start small and build a couple of new "attractions" for each year.

Also, plan ahead what you want to base your display around, take your time to understand where you want to go with your display. Go all Pixels, go "green" as in LED only, Single color strand , strip, AC or DC, whiche sequencing software you want to go with, etc etc

There are TONS of options to choose from to fullfill our CLAP needs, and you will be grateful if you take a couple of months and learn, learn, plan, learn, plan some more and oh.. sequence!

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome33.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, lots of great help and resources here as well as some great personal advice given in the chat room.

Just dont go out rushing to buy anything too soon, take your time to understand your options first which may take some time at first but by then you will have a much better idea on what is needed and how to do it.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

To ACL Boo
Like already said, take your time, ask questions in chat or the forums about ideas you have in your head. Once you get a few suggestions about your idea, put the idea on paper and then ask more questions. This kind of process can save you time, money and frustration.
You have a lot of help down there and some may be very close to you. They are glad to let you tap into their experience and knowledge. They learned by making mistakes and now try to save other people from making the same mistakes they did. :)